LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: How complete is your LotR TCG collection?  (Read 2259 times)

February 11, 2021, 02:00:31 PM
Read 2259 times

5tein

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
How complete is your LotR TCG collection?
« on: February 11, 2021, 02:00:31 PM »
Just curious how many of you have hit any of these collector milestones.

I've been slowly filling in my own collection's gaps over the past few months (sans full foil sets of 1-10), and am getting the impression that completing promos and masterworks may be impossible at this point.

February 11, 2021, 03:12:59 PM
Reply #1

elfwarrior

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: How complete is your LotR TCG collection?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 03:12:59 PM »
I am just starting collecting LOTR TCG. I have all the starter decks from Fellowship of the Ring through the Return of the King Set. I collected those decks long ago. I would prefer to collect cards from those sets. I have cards from a couple handfuls of packs I also collected long ago, mainly Helms Deep and Ents. For fixing starter deck balance issues, filling the towers-king ones up to full size decks (the fellowship block decks are being finished with new cards by the player's committee) or swapping in a few cards to customize I can resort to proxies, but I am interested in building a collection of real LOTR tcg cards for a proper deck building.

-elfwarrior

February 12, 2021, 05:21:00 AM
Reply #2

Air Power

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 05:21:00 AM »
Need to add options for 1 each vs playset.

I excluded the 0P from my vote (i.e. I interpret "complete through set X" to mean sets 1-X), because I think there are a lot of people who have some movie block sets but don't have every 0P card printed.
"If the world becomes pagan and perishes, the last man left alive would do well to quote the Iliad and die." -G.K. Chesterton, The Everlasting Man

February 12, 2021, 06:52:06 AM
Reply #3

5tein

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 06:52:06 AM »
Good call. Later promos are so hard to get I took it for granted that they would not be included.

February 12, 2021, 09:37:26 AM
Reply #4

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 09:37:26 AM »
I got a box of cards from a friend who stopped playing. He was in a group with a few other people and each settled into certain cultures, so I have next to no decent Nazgul or Uruk-hai cards but a ton of Sauron and Moria. Maybe I shouldn'tve voted though? I'm not collecting haha, I just have the cards.

March 03, 2021, 04:50:48 AM
Reply #5

ArtificerAlf

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 04:50:48 AM »
My focus is Movie Blocks, with the intent to have 4 copies of each card from sets 1-8 & 10. I've picked up a handful of Reflections cards, but I don't plan on playing with Alternate Ring-bearers.

I'm quite pleased with the progress on my Fellowship Block, as there's a handful of rares I still need, along with the 4th copy of some uncommons. I've managed to get my playsets of the "classics" like Servant of the Secret Fire, Goblin Armory, Black Steed, Saruman, Keeper of Isengard, Aragorn, Heir to the White City, etc.

Towers Block is my next best setup, which actually feels somewhat comparable to my Fellowship block. I have the most experience playing Fellowship, so this is actually the block I play with friends in order to keep things fresh and shake it up.

I'm most concerned about King block - it seems super difficult to acquire a number of the cards, and it's definitely more of a slow process. A lot of the rares cost a bit to pick up as singles, or they are largely out of stock on various websites. I consider this process to be "small victories", as getting one copy is a victory, yet playsets tend to be epic moments. I'm very happy to say I am finishing my playset of Shelob, Her Ladyship. Last year I was able to get my playset of Troop Tower, so I felt I achieved something there. Probably one of the main cards I'm trying to round out is Ships of Great Draught, though I have one copy already.