LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Game Clinic: Clash Deck  (Read 3587 times)

July 30, 2020, 01:53:43 PM
Read 3587 times

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Game Clinic: Clash Deck
« on: July 30, 2020, 01:53:43 PM »
I recently played a game using Dictionary's Clash Decks and really took a beating. It was a slightly strange game with neither of us drawing our key Shadow cards until the end, but even accounting for that I can see several errors on my part. I thought it might be helpful to see what some people more familiar with the cards had to say. I played deck 7 (TheodenRohan/ChaoticClash) against deck 3 (Gimli&Legolas/EaterOfLight); here's the replay: www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Phallen$r6m2j766wt7nwae0

Uniquely, deck alterations are off the table. I've played two games with these decks now, and each time the game felt balanced overall. As an aside, this might be the first time I've played decks that I haven't made -- I'm looking forward to playing a few more games and see whether I can make them work the way I usually play, or whether there are better plays I can be making in general.

So: what did I do wrong?

July 31, 2020, 02:14:36 PM
Reply #1

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
Re: Game Clinic: Clash Deck
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 02:14:36 PM »
I'm wondering if you could've got away with the 5-7 double (In hindsight, not a good idea without the last few companions). You also held Gandalf's pumps for a really long time; not sure if it was worth it?
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.