LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Player's Council - Announcement  (Read 2154 times)

July 13, 2020, 02:37:52 AM
Read 2154 times

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
Player's Council - Announcement
« on: July 13, 2020, 02:37:52 AM »
So.  I've been posting in a few different threads over the last several weeks while mentioning the Player's Council but not particularly engaging with what it is or how it relates to TLHH.  This was partially out of superstition based on the past attempts to create a Player's Committee and partially because the environment that lead to its creation was not here, but on the Facebook group. 

To rectify this, I would like to formally announce the existence of the Player's Council. 

The reason I'm coming forward now and not when we first organized is because we've done something that I'm not sure has ever been done before (of course correct me if I'm wrong), which is to say that we in the Player's Council have ran a tournament event.  It was small, and it was casual, and it was virtual, but it happened

We ran a survey on Facebook about what a PC should do, and used its result to determine that having regular tournaments should be our first goal.  We reached across the aisle to TrekCC and SWCCG to get their feedback, created a small Facebook media campaign, organized an agenda, and ran multiple streams.  We had foil prizes, a wonderful turnout, informative polls, and a very orderly and drama-free event.  You could feel the excitement spread a little, both in how our ranks swelled and in how people reacted to our announcements and posts. 

That first survey was posted May 28.  The event happened July 11.  This accomplishment then is not something whipped out in a frenzy over a weekend, but a slow push that took thought to create, time to pursue, and sustained effort to bring to fruition.   

In short, we accomplished something.  Proved that our little group can hammer out a result from a dream and a plan.  We've got lots more dreams, and lots more plans, so we believe that with time and effort we shall see more results.

The above was used during our initial stream during the event, where we took the opportunity to present our vision.

Here is a YouTube link to a pared-down version of the kickoff stream done at the start of the event, where we explained some of our goals and plans as shown in the image above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttPUrro6ew4
(Jump to 4:50 if you want to skip the introductions)

As of the time of this post, we have 13 members in the Player's Council.  This includes the following members of this forum:

• TelTura
  • bign19
  • menace64
  • Theoden_Horse-master
  • NerteaTBR
  • Jerba
  • CoS
  • dmaz
  • Dictionary
  • throxor

We would gladly accept more members that want to help us accomplish the specific goals outlined in the video above.

If you would like to join us or just see what else we have been doing, please hop on our Discord server and poke around: https://discord.gg/mmyYfJ7

We will in the coming days continue to refine our plans, but for now feel free to leave any questions below if the above timeline/video is not specific enough for you.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

July 13, 2020, 10:20:55 AM
Reply #1

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
Re: Player's Council - Announcement
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 10:20:55 AM »
Saturday was so much fun - I legit can't wait for us to run another event like it, and I'm feeling the mounting desire to make live commentary on GEMP a regular thing.