LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Aragorn Estel with Uruk-hai PC fellowship block playtest  (Read 1455 times)

December 26, 2022, 09:40:13 AM
Read 1455 times

elfwarrior

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Aragorn Estel with Uruk-hai PC fellowship block playtest
« on: December 26, 2022, 09:40:13 AM »
Here is a version of my PC fellowship block deck I'm working on featuring Aragorn Estel and Uruk-hai. I play classic Fellowship block so I had not played the deck in a while. Feedback and advice are welcome. Instructions are after the decklist in the notes section.

I tested in in the Yuletide league while playing 8 games to get holiday promos. Played a ninth game because I had a run of bad games. I won that ninth game. Went 5-4. But one win he conceded when I could not kill Frodo and only get a stop. but I was going to site nine with 3 companions vs Sauron. I thought it wasn't over. Still 4 clear wins out of casual deck. And one loss was to tentacles that I did not prepare for. And I made mistakes. The deck also has trouble with Sauron grind which I lost to twice. Once a could have played around enduring evil by sacrificing Legolas but I risked Frodo and lost to enduring evil. Went 1-1 vs Nazgul. A normal win and a mystery win against  two Sauron decks. And two wins vs Moria, one freeps win and one last chance Shadow win.

PLAY LA Estel PC with Sam
Format: PLAYTEST - Fellowship Block (PC)
Author: elfwarrior
Ring-bearer: Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer
Ring: The One Ring, The Ruling Ring

Adventure deck:
The Prancing Pony
Trollshaw Forest
House of Elrond
Hollin
The Bridge of Khazad-dum
Lothlorien Woods
Silverlode Banks
Gates of Argonath
Tol Brandir

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
1x Arwen, Daughter of Elrond
1x Legolas, Greenleaf
4x Aragorn, Estel
2x Boromir, Defender of Minas Tirith
2x Sam, Son of Hamfast
1x Calaglin, Elf of Lorien
3x Elrond, Lord of Rivendell
1x Galadriel, Lady of the Golden Wood
1x Orophin, Lorien Bowman
1x Rúmil, Elven Protector
1x Asfaloth
1x Gwemegil
1x Aragorn's Bow
2x Armor
1x Blade of Gondor
2x Flaming Brand
1x Ranger's Sword
1x Sting
4x Defiance
2x Secret Sentinels
2x The Last Alliance of Elves and Men
4x Gondor Bowmen

Shadow Draw Deck:
1x Lurtz, Servant of Isengard
3x Saruman, Keeper of Isengard
4x Troop of Uruk-hai
2x Uruk Captain
4x Uruk Lieutenant
4x Uruk Ravager
3x Uruk Scout
4x Uruk Warrior
1x The Balrog, Durin's Bane
2x Abandoning Reason for Madness
1x Beyond the Height of Men
2x Saruman's Power
4x Savagery To Match Their Numbers
4x Saruman's Ambition

Notes

Starting: Arwen, Legolas

Bid 2 to go for Aragorn Estel and use him to get Rumil. Then you only need one more elf ally for 2 elf ally to go with Elrond. Flaming brands are for Arwen and Boromir. Galariel can heal Legolas Greenleaf or any other elf. Boromir can heal himself to use Blade of Gondor or Gondor Bowmen and He's a backup if you don't get to go first and don't have Aragorn because he can use Last Alliance and flaming brand. Power up Aragorn and Arwen. Use archery to get out of trouble. Defiance can give Aragorn +2 from his ability or +4 for Arwen vs a Nazgul. Silverlode Banks can help vs Dwarves and Hobbits but can be painful if Arwen dies and you don't draw Boromir because Aragorn Estel is not a ranger. Sam is to help vs corruption

Shadow is Uruk-hai with trackers for Tol Brandir. Just a modified classic Fellowship block shadow that probably needs adjusting for PC fellowship block. Just do lots of damage with damage +1 Urukhai and make them fierce.

Thank you,

-elfwarrior

December 26, 2022, 12:02:42 PM
Reply #1

Tunadan

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Re: Aragorn Estel with Uruk-hai PC fellowship block playtest
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 12:02:42 PM »
I would drop the Balrog. He isn't as strong as 3 uruks at site 5. Perhaps replace it with Greed.
He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.