LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Catching Up...  (Read 2287 times)

February 29, 2012, 09:15:13 AM
Read 2287 times

Kralik

Catching Up...
« on: February 29, 2012, 09:15:13 AM »
I have been fairly inactive for quite some time, and so far I have [16] unread PMs. I will see if I can address those sometime in the next day or two. In the meantime, could any willing members let me know what I've missed and what needs to be fixed? Any fun news?

I'm currently watching a game of Gemp-LotR and it looks like its bug thread is a staggering 40 pages long! So is this the future of LotR online play? Looks nice. :up: Is GCCG still worth keeping up?

Here's the list of issues to address that I have so far:

• Database card pages are not loading (fixed)
  • GCCG crashes often (certain players? certain times?) (seems stable the last couple months)
  • New cards need to be added to DB from scans
  • Make thumbnail sized images for nice wiki linking
  • Add twilight and culture icons as "smiley" options for wiki.

Things I would like to do eventually, time permitting:

• Add a page to see who is up/downvoting individual posts.
  • Change the database pages into a wiki editable by TLHH members.
  • Add individual "discussion" pages from wiki linked to the forum.
  • Add thumbnail images as an option for autolink popups.
  • Add the ability to download an offline version of the wiki.
  • Add autolinking to the wiki.

Please post here (even if it's a duplicate of a PM) and I will add to it as needed so I know what to work on. Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 03:16:42 PM by Kralik »

February 29, 2012, 09:38:33 AM
Reply #1

rubbercarp

• Information Offline
  • Villager
    • www.ccg-singles.com
Re: Catching Up...
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 09:38:33 AM »
Welcome back!
We were getting worried =)
All of my extra Lord of the Rings TCG, MECCG, SWCCG, and WoW TCG singles are available for sale on my website: http://www.ccg-singles.com

February 29, 2012, 09:58:38 AM
Reply #2

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:58:38 AM »
Good to see you around dude
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

February 29, 2012, 10:07:25 AM
Reply #3

Kralik

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 10:07:25 AM »
So GCCG is going the way of the buffalo, eh? I am quite impressed with Gemp-LotR. Programming an entire deckbuilder, rules system, etc. is no small feat! I'm wondering if anyone uses GCCG anymore and if I should take the time to troubleshoot the crashing or just leave it. ~160 games played on Gemp in the last 24h.

February 29, 2012, 12:47:44 PM
Reply #4

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 12:47:44 PM »
Well, I still play on GCCG (with 3-4 friends), though I'm not sure if it's reason enough to keep it around...

February 29, 2012, 02:16:24 PM
Reply #5

Kralik

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 02:16:24 PM »
Regarding the wiki:

I've laid the groundwork and started a basic template with 1R1. Please look it over and help me decide what else to add so that we can standardize it for each card. Once it's done, it's pretty much set, so choose carefully!

Please post ideas and suggestions here.

February 29, 2012, 04:30:47 PM
Reply #6

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 04:30:47 PM »
While promising and quite workable, gemp-lotr is still incomplete.  At least until it's running at 100% GCCG aught to be maintained as an in-between.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

March 01, 2012, 06:38:04 AM
Reply #7

hsiale

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 06:38:04 AM »
How many games are played on GCCG now?

I definitely prefer Gemp, as playing there is way faster (maybe because I never became very familiar with GCCG interface, as my account became corrupted, crashing the server each time I logged in, and I didn't start another one). Best thing in Gemp is that it's still in development, so even if it's missing some features, chances are they may be added in the future. I would not rush with closing down GCCG, but at some point in the future it might become redundant.

A thing that would IMO be the best to happen is if, together with MarcinS, you find a way to merge Gemp with TLHH, so that there's common login/password and both sites are crosslinked whenever it's useful. This way Gemp would gain forum (which it IMO needs) while TLHH would gain a way to play which is "right here" and doesn't need any additional downloads or registering anywhere. I feel this would be the best thing possible - forum with its archive + playing environment + detailed database about the game, everything in one place, is best way to gain players (BTW: there are people playing on Gemp who have never played LotR before, so I think it is possible to attract new people to the game, which is what we need to keep it alive).

April 18, 2012, 02:27:11 PM
Reply #8

Kralik

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 02:27:11 PM »
The wiki is up and I've updated the original post with my plans. Next on the docket is adding new cards from scans -- really! It's been years that I've needed to do this and I've just been slacking. :(

December 03, 2014, 01:01:21 PM
Reply #9

jdizzy001

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 01:01:21 PM »
I prefer gemp. I am working on my group of friends here where I am stationed to try gemp. Right now they are all pretty excited about the LOTR minis game (the one by GW). They'll come around though.
*All posts made by jdizzy001, regardless of the thread in which they appear, are expressions of his own opinion and as such are not representative of views shared by any third party unless expressly acknowledged as such by said party.

I play LOTR SBG look at my minis!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.124731667611081.33577.100002227457509&l=aeb5fa3bdd