LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Rebuilding CC  (Read 14123 times)

May 05, 2008, 06:27:47 AM
Read 14123 times

Kralik

Rebuilding CC
« on: May 05, 2008, 06:27:47 AM »
The official announcement from Cobra:
Nicholas,
Please forward this to the list of people who've been exchanging emails about the Cobra Cards forum.
Yes, the forum is down for good.  As you know, there have been constant stability issues with the database, which I simply don't have time to deal with anymore.  Additionally, there have been recent problems with the site suddenly trying to hog all the resources on its server, which are unexplained but possibly the result of hacker attacks.  This resulted in the site being suspended, and I'm not prepared to put in the huge amounts of time, effort, research, and perhaps money that would be necessary to solve all these problems.
If anyone is inclined to rebuild the forum at another location, I have database dumps in CSV and SQL formats that I can provide for this purpose.
--Conor

What the future holds:
Dain and I are going to work on restoring the CC archives to a fully functional forum. Best case scenario is 1-2 days, but it would be more reasonable to expect a week at least if there are any setbacks in the process. Once the old CC is working, expect that:

1) Any gold you have accumulated on this particular SMF forum will be transferred into your regular CC total, and
2) Your posts on this forum will be saved in some manner. It may not be practical to transfer them over, but at the very least, this forum can be preserved as a read-only archive linked from the main forum.

I'll keep you posted on the progress. Let's hope for the best! :)