LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Extra minions  (Read 2993 times)

August 24, 2009, 07:07:31 PM
Read 2993 times

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Life isn't a dress rehearsal.
Extra minions
« on: August 24, 2009, 07:07:31 PM »
Silly question, but there's been dispute.

If a player chooses to not assign a minion to a skirmish, can that minion go anywhere (like on a companion who isn't defender + anything and is already assigned to a skirmish), or does the minion have to go on a companion who isn't assigned?
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

August 24, 2009, 07:13:03 PM
Reply #1

Kralik

Re: Extra minions
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 07:13:03 PM »
Silly question, but there's been dispute.

If a player chooses to not assign a minion to a skirmish, can that minion go anywhere (like on a companion who isn't defender + anything and is already assigned to a skirmish), or does the minion have to go on a companion who isn't assigned?

Anywhere...

August 24, 2009, 07:14:34 PM
Reply #2

HawkeyeSPF

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 07:14:34 PM »
Quote from: Comprehensive Rules 4.0, pages 5-6, 5. Assignment Phase: Assign Defenders
During the assignment phase, players may perform assignment actions (special abilities on cards in play with "Assignment:" and events with that keyword) using the action procedure.
Many assignment actions assign a minion to a companion. You cannot do this unless both of them are unassigned.
When all players consecutively pass, proceed to assign defenders.
Assign defenders
During your assignment phase, you may assign companions to defend against attacking minions.
A player cannot assign more than one companion to the same minion.
Inform the Shadow players when you are done making assignments.
All assignments of characters are on a one-to-one basis, with the following two exceptions:
• If your assigned companion has the keyword defender +1, you may assign that character at this time to one additional unassigned minion. Defender +2 allows that companion to defend against two additional unassigned minions, and so on. A character with defender +2 (or greater) satisfies any requirement for defender +1.
• When you have informed the Shadow players that you are done making assignments, they may assign any leftover unassigned minions to any companions (even if those companions are already assigned). The first Shadow player on your right may assign any of his unassigned minions, and so on, counter-clockwise around the table.
When the fellowship is at an ally's home site (or if a card effect has allowed an ally to participate in skirmishes), that ally may be assigned to a skirmish in the same way that companions are assigned to skirmishes.
When the assignment phase is complete, each companion being attacked will lead to a separate skirmish phase.
Assignment Phase Summary
• Perform assignment actions
• Free Peoples player may assign defending companions to minions.
• Shadow players may assign leftover unassigned minions to any companions.

Emphasis mine.

Honestly, the rulebooks are right there, just download them and look it up.

August 24, 2009, 10:06:25 PM
Reply #3

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 10:06:25 PM »
Well we were mid game so I didn't want to stop playing, and I posted here because I figured someone would know off the top of their head, since I figured that's what this part of the forum was for - clarification, I thought?  Thanks for the help.
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

August 25, 2009, 01:44:03 AM
Reply #4

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 01:44:03 AM »
Hmmm, A, seems you where right and I wasn't....sorry.
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

August 25, 2009, 03:16:08 AM
Reply #5

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 03:16:08 AM »
It's all good :up:
Thanks again for clarifying.

Trade List