LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Fear the Black ahm... white Nazzies!  (Read 10045 times)

January 28, 2010, 09:25:14 AM
Read 10045 times

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Fear the Black ahm... white Nazzies!
« on: January 28, 2010, 09:25:14 AM »
As some of you might now, I love Nazgul. And I love Twilight Nazgul even more. And I also love TS. And I hate combining Nazgul with other cultures, except when the other culture is the main one, of course. ;)
So that's what I build with my real cards (!):

Old Version:

4x The Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul (I just love this guy!)
4x Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight
2x Ulaire Enquea, Ringwraith in Twilight
2x Shotgun Enquea
2x Ulaire Toldea, Messenger of Morgul
2x Bill Ferny, Swarthy Sneering Fellow
2x Morgul Skulker
2x Gollum, Stinker

4x It wants to be found
3x His Terrible Servants
4x Resistance becomes unbearable
2x Wraith World

4x Fell Beast

Well, the main idea should be clear, throw in a couple of Nazzies and add some Burdens with Iwtbf. Direkt wounding is prevented with 3 copies of HTS, and Rbu is just a Staple in Twilight Nazgul.
As for the choice of Minions, 4 copies of The Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul are here to finish off the opponent, and especially Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight gets a very nice bonus with all the Burdens. I took 2 Shotgun Enquea and 2 Twilight Enquea, cus' they are both othnice, and I need some twilight Nazgul for all the Events, but Shotgun Enquea is just to strong to drop in Corruption Decks. As for others, I decided to run Ulaire Toldea, Messenger of Morgul twice cus' his assignment ability lets you kill of little Hobbits like Sam or even Greeanleaf seems pretty week compared with this guy. Bill Ferny is there to help Toldea or just finish off some other companions.
Fell Beast is the matter why this Deck is Towers Standard, and it actually IS important. It cycles, it costs zero twilight, it gives a strength boost of 2 and it makes Bearer fierce.  
Especially the last ability makes it so important in this Deck, as twilight Nazzies aren't fierce (except twilight Nelya) and fierce combined with twilight Witch-King or twilight Enquea, killing the Ring-Bearer is the least problem.

New Version:

3x The Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul
3x Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight
3x Ulaire Enquea, Ringwraith in Twilight
2x Ulaire Toldea, Messenger of Morgul
2x Morgul Skulker
1x Gollum, Stinker
4x Goblin Runner

2x His Terrible Servants
4x Resistance becomes unbearable
2x Wraith World
3x We must have it
1x Look at him

4x Fell Beast

This Deck is more about combination.

January 28, 2010, 09:31:42 AM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Fear the Black ahm... white Nazzies!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 09:31:42 AM »
I would dump Beauty is Fading and all of the Wraith World for Gollum, Stinker and a few We Must Have It.

He's just fantastic.
-wtk

January 28, 2010, 09:48:23 AM
Reply #2

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 09:48:23 AM »
I would dump Beauty is Fading and all of the Wraith World for Gollum, Stinker and a few We Must Have It.

He's just fantastic.
-wtk

Well, I thought about this guy before, but as I said, I wanna keep this Deck Nazgul-Only so do you have any other ideas?

January 28, 2010, 10:49:45 AM
Reply #3

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 10:49:45 AM »
Sure, if you are content with a mediocre deck. I understand the "coolness" factor of having a monocultural deck, but what is the harm of having characters that will make your deck better?!

Here's the biggest problem with The Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul and a Twilight [Wraith] deck (or at least, as it is currently set up). Your cards all have relatively high twilight costs, and Lord of the Nazgul has a big target printed on his back.

Think about it like this. Let's say you played all five of your minions at a time. Clearly The Witch-King, the Lord of the Nazgul is going to be the guy that your opponent focuses all of his skirmish events, etc. on. The Lord of the Nazgul is a great card, I agree, but its power is almost too good in that the Free Peoples' player will work hard to make it not happen.

And there are several ways in Towers Block, too. Mablung, Soldier of Gondor, discarding hobbits, cancelling skirmishes, all of that means that you can't use his badass ability. [Rohan] is heavily played in Towers Standard and they eat Nazgul for breakfast.

All of your minions are expensive. Having a low-cost option or two, like Gollum, Stinker, Morgul Skulker, or even Easterling Lieutenant means that you can play more minions and hopefully win more skirmishes.

On a [Wraith] note, why aren't you using Ulaire Toldea, Winged Sentry? Seems like he'd probably help more than Messenger of Morgul...
-wtk

January 28, 2010, 10:50:42 AM
Reply #4

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 10:50:42 AM »
Also, let's say you do play a minion or two...when do you expect to be able to use Beauty is Fading?!

There are things we do to cards like those...

Rrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppp pppppppp!
-wtk

January 28, 2010, 10:57:19 AM
Reply #5

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 10:57:19 AM »
Also, let's say you do play a minion or two...when do you expect to be able to use Beauty is Fading?!

There are things we do to cards like those...

Rrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppp pppppppp!
-wtk

*lol*

Just wanted to try it out, actually can be useful, but in most cases, is not...

Made some changes btw.

January 28, 2010, 11:00:12 AM
Reply #6

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 11:00:12 AM »
With two copies of It Wants to Be Found, I think you should just surrender the corruption conceit and go for Ring-Bearer wounding. It certainly isn't as potent in Towers as it is in Movie (Morgul Whelp, anyone?) but there is a lot of fun to be had regardless.

With three copies of Morgul Skulker, you certainly don't need four copies of the Witch-King. I say go with Enquea, Ringwraith in Twilight and abandon the Shotgun Enquea idea. You can always add Southron Commander for crowd control (and Ring-bearer wounding, too!)
-wtk

January 28, 2010, 11:02:09 AM
Reply #7

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 11:02:09 AM »
I'd like to also note that I still don't think getting around a strength 16, fierce Witch-King is much of a problem at all. In fact, it is quite easy to avoid skirmishes altogether in Towers Standard (if not deny the twilight to use His Terrible Servants...)
-wtk

January 28, 2010, 11:08:00 AM
Reply #8

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 11:08:00 AM »
So, if you think 2 Iwtbf are not enough, but I wanna keep the strategy, maybe I should make another change...

January 28, 2010, 11:16:47 AM
Reply #9

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 11:16:47 AM »
You have combined two separate strategies.

1. Corruption.
2. Ring-Bearer Wounding.

I say pick one or the other. If you are doing Ring-Bearer wounding, you will get some burdens anyways when the Ring-Bearer puts on Answer to All Riddles (does anyone use anything else in Towers Standard?!) and the subsequent wounds.

Now that I think about it, I like two copies of Wraith World in this situation much better than four copies of It Wants To Be Found. Throw in some cheap minions. Or twilight-generators like Goblin Runner, Easterling Skirmisher (remember, you have to spot another Easterling for its text to work) or something of the sort. But there is a severe lack of minions.
-wtk

January 28, 2010, 11:27:18 AM
Reply #11

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 11:27:18 AM »
I think I would actually rather see:

Gollum, Stinker x1
We Must Have It x4
Look At Him x1

Than 2 Stinkers and four Goblin Runner. Maybe just my opinion.

Also, like I said, cut one Witch-King and switch all of your Enqueas over to the Twilight one. You are at 37 cards right now...I'd like to see that number closer to 34...maybe by cutting Bill Ferny as well (he's not much help outside of a [2], 4 strength pump.

34 would kind of be the perfect number you are going for with Twilight [Wraith]. Of course, what freeps are you matching this with?
-wtk

January 28, 2010, 11:34:38 AM
Reply #12

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 11:34:38 AM »

January 28, 2010, 11:40:13 AM
Reply #13

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 11:40:13 AM »
The deck posted in the first post contains 45 cards. It's way to much. The one you just posted looks better.

January 28, 2010, 12:11:30 PM
Reply #14

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 12:11:30 PM »
On record, We Must Have It is a lot better than multiple copies of Gollum. Easy to grab him from your deck (and scan what is still in there) or can be a possible pump if necessary.

Now that you have changed your burden strategy, Ulaire Toldea, Winged Sentry is a better call.
-wtk

January 29, 2010, 12:43:48 AM
Reply #15

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 12:43:48 AM »
On record, We Must Have It is a lot better than multiple copies of Gollum. Easy to grab him from your deck (and scan what is still in there) or can be a possible pump if necessary.

Now that you have changed your burden strategy, Ulaire Toldea, Winged Sentry is a better call.
-wtk

Well, I use Toldea as a Assasine to kill weaker minions that really can hurt, but Winged Snerty maybe fits in better, though.

January 29, 2010, 01:15:54 PM
Reply #16

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 01:15:54 PM »
Another thought is replacing two Fell Beast with Nazgul Sword and then replacing Toldea with Ulaire Otsea, Lieutenant of Morgul.

Edit: I think I'd prefer that in a more burden focused deck instead of a "Surprise, there is Wraith World!" deck...
-wtk
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 01:19:56 PM by ket_the_jet »