LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: gandalf / moria - help  (Read 5390 times)

February 25, 2011, 07:22:43 AM
Read 5390 times

jahataku

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 07:24:19 AM by jahataku »
Eresse Tol-Eresseasse,
Lillassea lótesse pella,
Ar esce lisceo, ar lasse
I hessa hlapula menello

February 25, 2011, 11:57:09 AM
Reply #1

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
Re: gandalf / moria - help
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 11:57:09 AM »
I'll start with the shadow side. First of all, a singleton Moria Axe in an otherwise huge deck won't EVER show up when you need it. Also, They're Coming is fine as a 2-of, whereas host of thousands must be a 4-of. I see a lot of people playing Nertea, and I understand, but unless I NEED to fill up deckspace, I never really play him, I just stick with enquea and taunt then to play the 6th companion so I can off RotN and Greenleaf, which are both easily splashable and MAJOR issues. Now, from here, you need to decide if you want to play beatdown Moria, (in which case we would ADD Moria Axes instead of removing the singleton and mess around with the minions, trolls, etc) or Swarms (in which case the minions must change a lot).
For the FP, I like where you're going, but without Stealth events you won't get far. Also, you can ditch extra copies of [Gandalf] possessions (and ALL possessions for Greenleaf, he won't be fighting) for another Ranger's Sword, Flaming Brand and Armor. Then, play Boromir (for Hobbit pumping and to ditch the extra Flaming Brand should tou draw it) and Sam (for burden removal), lose A Wizard is Never Late, a copy or Barliman and both Strength of Spirit. Add in Hobbit Stealth (at least, 4 copies, maybe Intuition if you can fit it, and also Power According to his Stature, 2-3 copies) and Fireworks, so you can abuse Elrond+Ottar+PATHS / Servant of the Secret Fire / Hobbit Stealth.

February 25, 2011, 04:36:33 PM
Reply #2

ramolnar

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 04:36:33 PM »
Both sides are too big. The shadow side is more easily fixable. Remove the Goblin Wallcrawler, as they're the worst minion here. Moria Axe doesn't help either. Swap a Host of Thousands for a Goblin Swarms. Then you'll be at 37 and it will flow somewhat better. And I like Nertea a lot - he was banned for a reason, as he's super powerful when you can pull back cheap minions. I've run 2 of him with just 1 Enquea.

The Fellowship ... well ... is bad. 4 companions that aren't super choke will not work in Fellowship Block. It's also hard to run choke at 37-40 cards with Moria. Moria wants to play a lot of cards, and thus your Fellowship side wants to play cards too. Choke decks tend to play lots of events that can sit in hand. To "change" the deck any way would be a radical shift, so I'm not going to make any specific suggestions.

February 26, 2011, 02:56:12 AM
Reply #3

jahataku

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Eresse Tol-Eresseasse,
Lillassea lótesse pella,
Ar esce lisceo, ar lasse
I hessa hlapula menello

February 26, 2011, 03:54:23 AM
Reply #4

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 03:54:23 AM »
Well, it's kinda easy to play beatdown, so just add 2 more Moria Axe, 1 Goblin Patrol Troop (amazing on site 2 with an axe!), 2 Relics of Moria, 2 Troll's Keyward, maybe 2 Cave Troll's Chain and 2 Cave Troll's Hammer, 2-3 Goblin Flankers, and remove the cheap stuff, like Nertea, Chieftain, Wallcrawler, Backstabber and Scavengers (Relics replays your swords), add in Moria Scout x4 (has vitality to use Axe and most of the time drops for free) and probably 2 Threat of the Unknown. This should be a start.