LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Return of Realms...?  (Read 5664 times)

July 21, 2008, 07:31:42 AM
Read 5664 times

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
Return of Realms...?
« on: July 21, 2008, 07:31:42 AM »
Okay, with EL back, I think we FINALLY have enough folks to run with this again...assuming people still want to. I imagine Drake at least wants to, and I know I want to.

Here's who I think was "controlling" who:

Dáin Ironfoot:
Rorin, Dwarf of the Iron Hills
Ryle, Man of Dale
Curubethion, Ranger of the North (it would be nice if CG wants this character back)

Elf Lvr:
Silvarin, Elf of Mirkwood

AgentDrake:
Echtheow, Man of Rohan

sickofpalantirs:
Tuilin, Elf of Mirkwood

NBarden:
Duinihir, Ranger of the North

That leaves Dirthon the ranger (Anonymous Prodigy), Legoles the Elf (legoles3333), and Durail the ranger/adventurer (ingold55). I think we could leave Legoles at Mirkwood (the party's next stop, if you remember), so he'd be a short-term write-in and could be kind of a "community character" that people can refer to in their sections, but no one person needs to necessarily be responsible for. He was always kind of a background character anyway. :P Dirthon I could take on, at least temporarily...still hoping AP shows up at some point. I believe EL and SoP said they could take on Durail together, since he's from several of their RPGs from CC's earlier days.

So are the folks I mentioned still interested in this? I think we'd need to wait a couple weeks, since NBarden is gone for a while, but if people ARE still interested (I hope so!), I think we FINALLY have the capacity to get our party out of Rohan and moving towards Mirkwood...where the REAL fun will begin. :up:

So...EL, Drake, SoP, and anyone else interested: you in?
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

July 21, 2008, 10:54:17 AM
Reply #1

Elf_Lvr

• Information Offline
  • Lord
  • Rhythmic Ringwraith
Re: Return of Realms...?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 10:54:17 AM »
I'd certainly try. I'd definitely need to refresh on what was happening before it all died...

It'd be great, esp. if we could get CG or someone else in on it.
Happy Hunting!
Remember Cobracards.com.
Thou cannot unjack what doth hath been jacked. - Menace64
"To die's the day worth livin' for!"
Maybe you guys can find a bard and have your story of heroic Balrog proximity put into verse.

July 21, 2008, 10:56:51 AM
Reply #2

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 10:56:51 AM »
Quote from: Elf_Lvr
I'd certainly try. I'd definitely need to refresh on what was happening before it all died...

Yeah, I'd make sure to get everyone caught up. Much easier since Kralik managed to restore the old CC archives.

Quote from: Elf_Lvr
It'd be great, esp. if we could get CG or someone else in on it.

Indeed. Once I hear from the folks I mentioned, we might take on some new recruits either at the current site (Rohan's Golden Hall) or the next one (Mirkwood).
Best regards,
Dáin

Check out Lasting Alliances and The Road Ahead, my two completed DC sets, and also The Way Into Mordor (in progress), all part of my 5-set Wars of the Ring DC "block".

July 21, 2008, 03:22:28 PM
Reply #3

sickofpalantirs

• Information Offline
  • Useful Spammer
  • one spammer to rule them all
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 03:22:28 PM »
imee fineey. the funny thing is I am doing something like this with the same plot on another RPG"ing site...except I am leading it...if anyone wants to come join that one (it'd be roughly 1/3 as labor intensive as this one) please tell me ;)
Felipe Musco:
(after all, it's a CHARITY organization, I still have SOME principles, even having gone through Law School... :P),
Elf Lvr:
Bit of a scrawny Iowan kid with an unhealthy artifact obsession. Oh, and a God of Spam. In a good way.
Ahhh!!! SoP, you're a genius!!! :gp: ~Menace64
SoP's Trade List
Like Muscle Cars? Check out themusclecarplace.com

July 21, 2008, 03:50:32 PM
Reply #4

AgentDrake

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Why me? No, seriously. WHY ME?!?
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 03:50:32 PM »
Oh yeah, I'm in. I'm very in.

Besides, I still need to figure out what in heck I'm gonna do with Ectheow's nutty visions of Zombie-Hama attacking Aragorn. :P
Forget it. I'm not arguing with the computer anymore to try to get the sig I want....

July 25, 2008, 04:17:47 PM
Reply #5

CarpeGuitarrem

• Information Offline
  • Lord
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 04:17:47 PM »
Sorry, I'm probably not gonna be able to come back to this, sadly. Depending on how dedicated of a poster I'd need to be.

August 09, 2008, 09:21:44 PM
Reply #6

Elf_Lvr

• Information Offline
  • Lord
  • Rhythmic Ringwraith
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 09:21:44 PM »
Uh, Dain? Any thoughts of actually starting this, man?
Happy Hunting!
Remember Cobracards.com.
Maybe you guys can find a bard and have your story of heroic Balrog proximity put into verse.

August 12, 2008, 08:34:37 AM
Reply #7

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 08:34:37 AM »
Now that NB is back and AP has shown up...you guys still in?

If so, I think we're ready to rock and roll. :up:
Best regards,
Dáin

August 21, 2008, 07:57:48 AM
Reply #8

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 07:57:48 AM »
I'm up for it. Kinda. On the weekends maybe.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

August 21, 2008, 01:18:54 PM
Reply #9

Elf_Lvr

• Information Offline
  • Lord
  • Rhythmic Ringwraith
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 01:18:54 PM »
...and you're probably not gonna get AP. I'd probably be up for RP'ing Durail, by the way.
Happy Hunting!
Remember Cobracards.com.

August 22, 2008, 03:40:06 PM
Reply #10

DáinIronfoot

• Bearded Axeman
  • Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Never tickle a Dwarf!
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 03:40:06 PM »
Yeah, I think we can co-handle Dirthon without AP. :up: Obviously I'd prefer he still do it, since he's an awesome writer. But we'll manage.

I'll get this going again starting on Monday, or MAYBE over the weekend if I can find some time. I'll get everyone caught up and then make sure we're ready to move on.

For now, here is the old thread, here is the discussion thread, and here is the DC list. That should help refresh people's memories. :up:

If anyone has a solid contact method for Ingold55, could they try and get in touch with him and see if he's still interested? I think we can manage Durail without him, but again, it'd be best if he were here himself.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 03:43:18 PM by DáinIronfoot »
Best regards,
Dáin