LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Allowing certain Promos in Movie Block  (Read 10715 times)

March 04, 2011, 06:07:50 AM
Reply #30

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
Re: Allowing certain Promos in Movie Block
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2011, 06:07:50 AM »
Except in those three months we can do nothing with virtual cards cause they have to get used to the promos first. That is not gonna work. On the front of adding cards, I think there should be more cross-referencing with the the Virtual department and not just adding what rules people like, else we feel like spamming the community with cards.

Now THIS is pushing. See, the idea of creating V sets is to keep the game fresh and interesting. Then, you see someone involved basically saying "I'm against this OTHER way to try and improve the game, thus keeping it fresh, without the need to develop new cards or make any big changes, because it gets in the way of the changes we're trying to implement". Bad for business, I say. I said this before and I'll say it again, I wholeheartly support the V-Set, but as I said time and again, you guys are moving too fast, while you COULD adress other (less-impactating) aspects of change first. Fix cards that do not work, unban cards, release V-sets (and take these as an opportunity to create counter-measures to the unbanned cards, see if it works), THEN ban cards. And then, later, think about errata'ing them (or simply design a V-version of it with the errata, way easier to remember and it doesn't require re-coding GCCG to display the new text since it'll be a different card).

March 04, 2011, 07:14:49 AM
Reply #31

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2011, 07:14:49 AM »
I am perfectly happy with allowing promos which are reprints of cards already in existence within the block.

But Mr. Underhill is not a reprint. Despite the same text as Reluctant Adventurer, it is a different card. Even though the only difference is the signet, it changes things. The addition of these other promos really does seem benign and as far as Boromir, Steward's Heir and Eomer, Forthwith Banished are concerned, they don't really provide that significant an advantage.

Eomer has already been discussed a bit and despite his potential low cost, he is still weaker than Eomer, TMoR and thus provides a minor enhancement to only few deck types and that's not a bad thing. It won't make those decks OP, but it will provide more options.

Boromir, Steward's Heir is a nice addition. I always wondered why there isn't a Ring-bound Boromir (with the exception of Bearer of Council) when he was definitely drawn by the ring's power. He will most likely be used in Ranger or Knight decks. Honestly, he is not such a great addition to Knights - not much is gained. He is a very nice addition to Rangers and that is also not a bad thing since Rangers are much underplayed and not as strong in movie as they were in TTT or TS. And if people wanna splash a ring-bound companion, Faramir, SoD is still a far better choice.

As I said, we are already working on Virtual cards which we intend to implement into Movie Block so why not use cards that are already there? Especially since none of those cards will have that great an impact on the Block, but they add a bit of flavor to it.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

March 04, 2011, 05:52:12 PM
Reply #32

Kralik

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 05:52:12 PM »
What was that you said about Aragorn, Strider, again?

Perhaps there's more that I didn't say that I should have! Remember that we are talking about Movie Block here. The ridiculousness power creep of later sets is a topic for another thread.