LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The PC isn't dead...  (Read 6033 times)

January 26, 2011, 04:26:41 PM
Reply #30

Kralik

Re: The PC isn't dead...
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 04:26:41 PM »
Update to all: I'm going to give it until this weekend to allow any latecomers and then open up the child boards to those who have volunteered to be able to start new topics.

February 19, 2011, 12:44:53 PM
Reply #31

Tbiesty

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
Re: The PC isn't dead...
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2011, 12:44:53 PM »
Why has the PC failed?

• Lack of Official Sanction: We are all waiting for that magic day when Decipher says, "Good job, TLHH! We'll be more than happy to hand you the necessary licenses and support a LotR PC!" That day will never come. It came for SWCCG, perhaps, but that was before Decipher was crushed by financial scandal and became a company struggling to survive...

In case you needed a little more evidence that official support from Decipher is not something to expect any time in the near future, I'll share an e-mail I received from Warren Holland (Decipher CEO) the last time I asked him about it.

"I understand your interest and appreciate your desire to help the players. Unfortunately, the barriers to this task are complex. I'm not saying it will never happen, but it's not likely in the next few years.

What was a relatively simple decision years ago in terms of us granting non-exclusive rights to a committee for Star Wars and Star Trek to use of our gameplay and other intellectual property in support of the players (not in commerce), is not the current state of affairs with this property. Our gameplay and intellectual property for LOTR may be used in another product line, so we have no current plans to grant rights to a committee. Sorry.

All the best,

Warren"

I'm reading between the lines here and guessing one of the main reasons is that they want to hold onto LOTR until The Hobbit movies are released (i.e. a few years), to see if they want to invest in a LOTR product line there.  So don't expect any help from them for at least the next few years (if ever).  Therefore, let's do our best with the "TLHH House Rules", because some things are just not in our control.