LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: 3 hunters vs 3 southrons (seasoned leader deck)  (Read 5530 times)

July 08, 2011, 04:45:55 AM
Read 5530 times

Invincible

• Information Offline
  • Scout
3 hunters vs 3 southrons (seasoned leader deck)
« on: July 08, 2011, 04:45:55 AM »
Ring-bearer
Frodo, courteous halfling
The One Ring, such a weight to carry

Fellowship
Gimli, unbidden guest
legolas, elven comrade

Free Peoples
Aragorn, defender of free peoples x3
Arwen, queen of elves and men x3

ring of Barahir
Anduril, flame of the west
phial of galadriel, star glass
asfaloth, elven steed
gwemegil
Long knives of legolas
bow of the galadhrim, gift of galadriel
gimli's helm
Gimli's battle axe
Sting, bane of the eight legs

My axe is notched x2
Final count x2
Strength of Arms
stout and strong

Still needed x3
Trust x3
PATHS x2

Shadow
Desert Lord x4
Army of Haradrim x4
Mumak Chieftain x4

Line of Defense x2
Rallying Call x3
Field of the fallen x4
Seasoned leader x4

Mumak x4
Raider bow x3

Site path
Dunharrow plateau
west road
hall of the kings
osgiliath fallen
city gates
minas tirith first circle
osgiliath channel
cross roads
dagorlad

Strategy

Load possessions on the companions (each has 2 so no wormtongue), use gimli and legolas' text to add tokens on your conditions, legolas heals with his bow and still needed (put it on top if facing bigger minions) and gimli heals with aragorn's text. Aragorn heals again with ring of barahir and you can discard the extra copies of both he and Arwen from hand  to heal them. Arwen skirmish while there are the most wounded minions on the table.

Your shadow side is composed by only 3 minions that will be recycled thanks to rallying call, ships of great draught combo. Mainly you get 20 something fierce minions and you can exert with deser lord. Play the bow on the army...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 03:07:14 AM by Invincible »

July 08, 2011, 07:40:35 AM
Reply #1

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
Re: 3 hunters vs 3 southrons (seasoned leader deck)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 07:40:35 AM »
I like the idea but I'm not sure whether the shadow will be up to the task of say, beating back a deck that uses Elendil, the Tall packed with Blade of the Faithful and a bunch of other power cards.  Or Sauron.  If you splash the pool once and someone throws Sauron into the play and he kills 2 companions (as he's likely to do) your entire free side is shot. 

July 08, 2011, 09:05:35 AM
Reply #2

Invincible

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 09:05:35 AM »
We don't use Reflections in our movie block ;) Thx anyway for the reply.

July 08, 2011, 09:20:08 AM
Reply #3

Gartax

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 09:20:08 AM »
Your freep peapole seem a little shaky, I mean your main copanion are strong, but if you run into a swarm you are toast,  You have only 1 card that protect frodo, you need at least 2. 3 to be safer.

AS of now if you don't draw sting quickly enought, 6 minions and it is game over.

Also I never like that legolas and gimli, but them I've never try a final count deck so I can't comment on that without seeing it in action.

AS for your shadow side, if you run into an archery deck, it is game over, your shadow won't do anything. (did you consider Line of defense from SOG?

Army of haradrim is too much expensive to be of any use, I would trow him out and add some southron marksmen from ROTK.

Also without red wrath your Raider bow are kind of useless I would replace those by some more minions.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:23:19 AM by Gartax »

July 08, 2011, 01:01:34 PM
Reply #4

Invincible

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 01:01:34 PM »
I counsidered adding a couple of paths. I could cut trust to add those. As for the Shadow side, Army of Haradrim + bow + seasoned leader + field of the fallen is great.

At cost 10, ambush 5 (required to replay the mumak at cost 3+2) Archer but it's got a strenght of 17 and you can exert it 4 times with field of the fallen for a nice + 12 so it's far from being useless. The fact is that you can also replay some of the seasoned leader in the fierce skirmish with the twilight from ambush 5, or you can just let the twilight in the pool to prevent the double move.

It is true that I could replace the ships for line of defense since I can already replay the mumaks 8 or more times and the seasoned leader with itself.

July 08, 2011, 01:02:58 PM
Reply #5

Invincible

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 01:02:58 PM »
Chages made.

July 08, 2011, 01:18:43 PM
Reply #6

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 01:18:43 PM »
We don't use Reflections in our movie block ;) Thx anyway for the reply.

then this deck should really be in the casual/other section. but that is niether here nor there.

i have always liked a good rainbow token deck in movie and TS. so i like what you have going on here. i also like the size. 32/32 is spot on. i echo the ringbearer protection needs. i suggest a bounder and perhaps a there and back again.

a copy of sam would help greatly. either proper poet or son of hamfast. either one can take the ring if frodo bites the dust, and then it just depends if you have more trouble with swarm or corruption.

i actually really like the use of trust here, i realize you just took them out, but you can use them to heal a lego or gimli in the skirmish phase so they can exert again. i guess 2x would be fine. still needed is nice but i really think you only need 2 of them. i'd only run 2x of final count and my axe is notched. you have some other token cards in there and you really need the ring bearer protection etc.

i'd also probably change aragorn's sword out for a different version, and also run his bow. just for insurance against really nast minions.

cheers

-mm
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:38:07 PM by macheteman »

July 10, 2011, 02:10:35 AM
Reply #7

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 02:10:35 AM »
I'd drop 1 still needed and maybe one of the Arwen's for another trust and or a TToTGR.