LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Metagame in TS  (Read 6919 times)

November 07, 2011, 12:48:05 AM
Read 6919 times

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
Metagame in TS
« on: November 07, 2011, 12:48:05 AM »
Hello everybody,

In 2 months, we'll have a TS tournament in Paris and I want to know what is the metagame in TS (lot of Rohan ? Legolas DH ? Uruk Trackers ? Moria ? ....).
What kind of decks is competitive ? And against which decks we have to splash some hates ?

Thanks
Hobbit Draft Game : http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr

November 08, 2011, 09:05:57 AM
Reply #1

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: Metagame in TS
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 09:05:57 AM »
i think you might be surprized by the diversity in TS, you could run up against ANYTHING. Legolas DH decks are very popular and if well built, very effective. they are also not much fun to play against, and in turn, they can be pretty boring to play.

don't focus as much on what you need to defend against, focus more on making your strategy work.
personally, i LOVE uruk trackers in TS. there are very few cards that completely obliterate their strategy. even if all your conditions are pitched off the board, they can still be fairly scrappy. with 4x vengeance you can often pull a kill they aren't expecting and if played right, site 5 will be brutal.

keep in mind though, most of the strategies from FOTR block are still potent, so be prepared to see moria swarm, sauron orc tricks, if i remember right, someone on these forums had a [Sauron] shadow that bombed at site 4. almost impossible to survive.

November 10, 2011, 07:18:33 AM
Reply #2

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 07:18:33 AM »
Thanks for your advices, but I'm a fine deckbuilder. It's more about the 3-4 best decks in this format and how to counter them. So the questions is more about splashing 2-3 cards in a 31-31 deck.

I'm preparing to face Dunlands Men, Uruk Trackers, Cavern Entrance (Moria or Stupid swarm) and Sauron decks (wound or discard).

I don't know what kind of fellows I will face (denial, big companies, archery,  strong warriors, stealth), what are the common weakness of most of the fellows to beat in TS ?

November 10, 2011, 03:10:12 PM
Reply #3

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 03:10:12 PM »
make sure to keep a copy of shotgun enquea around (or greed if you are running uruks). saruman's power can be deadly, and also watch out for the occasional saruman's snows. they might try to freeze your fellowship and swarm. especially watch out for this at site 5.

hmm, there is such a wide variety of fellowships, i had one deck which used trust me as you once did, gimli-lego pump, aragorn dofp, and i think merry friend to sam. like a trust me/ tokens deck. it could crank comps to 30+ strength. but then running a legolas DH deck, are going to be very stealth and choke based. i would say expect to see at LEAST 1 top tier DH deck. grima can be great if you run into rohan. strip eomir and eowyn bare and beat them to death. completely splashable too.

what type of deck are you playing in this tournament?

November 11, 2011, 12:00:40 AM
Reply #4

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 12:00:40 AM »
I prefer Shotgun Enquea than Greed cause with Albert Dreary, Secret Sentinels and without Terrible and Evil it's more effective.

Ok but this kind of fellowship isn't weak against Saruman's Power ?

What are the bad common match-up of Legolas DH and Rohan/Gondor Help in Doubt and Need (I think I will see 4-5 decks of these kinds) ?

I don't know yet, maybe Legolas DH/Dunlands, but I'm trying to deckbuild antimeta, and I'm searchin for the good ideas :).

November 11, 2011, 05:01:07 AM
Reply #5

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 05:01:07 AM »
well, for Legolas DH decks you obviously don't want to be event and condition based. i can't think of a specific deck that can rip it apart. DH is like a swiss army knife of sorts, it does a lot of different things so seamlessly that there are no gaping weaknesses. often they are run with wingfoot to help with the double move.

i think dunland might be too dependent on contitions and events to do much against the DH decks. of course, with all those cheap minions on the table, you might get a kill.

November 12, 2011, 12:35:04 AM
Reply #6

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 12:35:04 AM »
So, maybe Uruk Trackers could do better against DH ? Or Moria Swarm ? Or Wargs ...

In TS, what are the best Dunland deck ? Trying to control 2 sites and use Dunlending Elder or trying to Stack them and swarm ?

I'm searching for a good decklist of Uruk Trackers...

November 12, 2011, 06:12:41 PM
Reply #7

ramolnar

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 06:12:41 PM »
Wargs are just two card Nazgul. And one card Nazgul have trouble with Dauntless Hunter, because it's low twilight.

Looking back at my notes from that time period, I played stacking Dunland, but most people preferred Dunlending Elder. Dunland has a huge problem with Gondor Bowmen, though. You might force through something, but it can go wrong.

Is Palantir of Orthanc legal? You could just play Moria plus Isengard Shaman and Warrior for the Palantir, annoying people greatly.

Here's a tracker list I found from my test decks, though this is for Towers Block only. The Uruk Vanguard are very out of place in the cheaper TS format. Uruk Trackers never took hold where I played, because of direct damage. I loved Defend It and Hope, which makes trackers not happy.

2 Ferocity
2 Weary
3 Many Riddles
4 Uruk Spear
2 Grima wormtongue
4 Uruk Seeker
2 Mauhur
4 Uruk Runner
4 Ugluk
2 Uruk Follower
4 Uruk Vanguard

November 12, 2011, 08:36:35 PM
Reply #8

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 08:36:35 PM »
i LOVE uruk vanguard in my TS tracker decks. hes completely unexpected and brutal at site 5 or later on down the sitepath. many many many kills with him. he provides that cruncher the tracker strategy lacks. i mean you have ugluk, but hes really only good when you have 2 or 3 other uruks on the table.

that said, 1 or at MOST 2 copies is sufficient for a TS trackers deck.