LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Dwarven Father-Son Picnic  (Read 4157 times)

November 25, 2012, 08:28:18 AM
Read 4157 times

DirtyPo37

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Dwarven Father-Son Picnic
« on: November 25, 2012, 08:28:18 AM »
Here's my FOTR  [Dwarven] FP deck. It works very well against everything but  [Wraith], but can handle them if it gets set up fast. I have it paired with a  [Moria] Shadow, which needs some tweaking:

Frodo - Reluctant Adventurer
Isildur's Bane

Deck 41 Cards

Gimli - Dwarf of the Mountain Race (start)
Gloin - Friend to Thorin (start)
x2 Farin
x2 Fror
x1 Sam - SoH

x3 Dwarven Axe
x2 Hand Axe
x3 Dwarven Bracers
x2 Dwarven Armor
x1 Book of Marzarbul
x1 Gimli's Helm
x1 Gimli's Battle Axe
x1 Sting
x1 Mithril Coat

x2 Delving
x2 Their Halls of Stone
x3 Axe Strike

x2 Endurance of Dwarves
x1 Greatest Kingdom of My People
x2 Mines of Kazad-Dum
x2 Song of Durin
x2 Stairs of Kazad-Dum
x2 Til Durin Wakes Again
x1 O Elbereth! Gilthoniel!

It's pretty straight forward: Play Tales to boost Gloin and heal with Mines. Gimli helps get through 4&5 and you heal along the way with Til Durin Wakes. Like I said, the biggest issue is with Nazzies/Black Breath/Blade Tip. The deck chokes well in the early sites if it doesn't get set up immediately.

Any suggestions? I know it's big, but I don't have a problem cycling usually with about 10 cards left at site 8.

November 25, 2012, 05:05:12 PM
Reply #1

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
Re: Dwarven Father-Son Picnic
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 05:05:12 PM »
If you have trouble with black breath and blade tip, add one or two make light of burdens.
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

December 07, 2012, 11:00:59 AM
Reply #2

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 11:00:59 AM »
I'm not entirely sure I like the Stairs, but other than that, it's pretty straightforward. I think you're going to have a bigger problem against Goblin Armory Moria shadows, since they don't care about choking, and you haven't got Disquiet of Our People or any other way to stop 10 minions coming out at once, something not very hard to do. Also, with that Gimli, only 2 Endurances and a single Helm, it's possible a Troll shadow might give you a headache as well.

December 09, 2012, 07:11:07 AM
Reply #3

DirtyPo37

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 07:11:07 AM »
Song of Durin keeps Goblin armory decks in check. I just put the stairs in for a 0 cost tail, plus helps with the Balrog if I don't have possessions loaded up.

December 10, 2012, 05:16:29 AM
Reply #4

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 05:16:29 AM »
It keeps the degenerate twilight adding for a while, perhaps (not entirely, as Armory number 3 starts adding twilight again unless you have both Songs out), and you can't get rid of it until the next fellowship fase, which might be too late. Also, even without the degenerate twilight ADDING, just getting it even with the Scimitars and drawing cards off of it might be enough to swarm you.