LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Morgul Archers//Gondor Wraiths  (Read 21604 times)

February 22, 2010, 08:17:46 PM
Reply #15

Sam, Great Elf Warrior

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Re: Morgul Archers//Gondor Wraiths
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 08:17:46 PM »
As for the freeps, The Old Took once tried using Foes of Morder in a wraith deck to quickly exhaust all his wraiths.  While I'm not sure if it was technically legal considering there weren't any Sauron minions to exert, it couples with Might of Numenor to allow the freep player total wound management control.

My brother uses Foes of Mordor in his Wraith deck. It is legal. Pay the cost for no effect.
-wtk

Yeah, I do the same thing, so I can ditch the Dead Man of Dunharrow and Cursed of Erech for Oathbreaker and Sleepless Dead. The key to playing wraiths is knowing when to exhaust your wraiths and win the skirmish, and when to just lose the skirmish and take the wound, and the easiest way to lose the game is by trying to get your wraiths exhausted too quickly.

Also, if you do movie block, you might want to throw in The Shards of Narsil to save backup copies of Swept Away/SaMT, a premature King of the Dead, or save Elessar's Edict for when you're weak or think a big attack is coming.

April 11, 2010, 02:02:04 AM
Reply #16

Mythdracon

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • You cannot pass!
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 02:02:04 AM »
How would having Bearer of Heirlooms boost the Wraiths? They aren't knights. O_o

Also, how would you ensure Wraiths win skirmishes? It seems that if they lose, without End of the Game helping, they'll die and kill everyone. Wraiths seem fun, but incredibly risky, even in Movie block or King block alone. :S
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 02:04:56 AM by Mythdracon »
A wizard is never late...nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

April 11, 2010, 02:15:09 AM
Reply #17

legolas3333

• Information Offline
  • King
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 02:15:09 AM »
as long as you have swept away, you don't need to worry about losing,
BoH exerts three companions to skirmish, you can exert three wraiths
A Promo Saved is a Promo Earned

April 11, 2010, 03:44:42 AM
Reply #18

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 03:44:42 AM »
BoH isn't King Block legal.

April 11, 2010, 07:54:50 AM
Reply #19

Sam, Great Elf Warrior

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 07:54:50 AM »
as long as you have swept away, you don't need to worry about losing,
Yeah, the whole point of [Gondor] wraiths is threat management so you can keep Swept Away in play. Condition discard is indeed a problem, and I try to avoid having all of my wraiths exhausted for that reason (it's a balance how many wounds you want to have).

June 03, 2010, 02:14:57 PM
Reply #20

CrdTrd

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 02:14:57 PM »
Wouldn't it be better to start with two of Oathbreaker rather then the two Dead Man of Dunharrow ?  Since you want your Wraiths to be exhausted (atleast once you get out Swept Away) having the two Dead Man of Dunharrow ‘s come in later will benefit you much more.  Plus Oathbreaker ‘s skirmish text can be used right away if necessary

I believe daisukeman said he would start with Frodo, Hope of Free Peoples and I agree.  Getting those threats down to help Aragorn out really helps.  Since all the Wraiths you play add a threat having another way to get rid of them is nice.

i would remove one of the Dead Man of Dunharrow (remove the other from starting fellow), add one Oathbreaker (make this starter with other Oathbreaker), and swap Frodos.

Fun deck.  I always enjoy playing with the enduring dead peeps (wow, that didn't sound right !).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 02:32:45 PM by CrdTrd »

July 09, 2014, 05:23:26 AM
Reply #21

Prince_of_Ithilien

• Information Offline
  • Orc
  • for the King
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 05:23:26 AM »
I just stumbled upon the online version of the game (and king block) two days ago and came up with pretty much the exact same deck.  Although I've ony run the deck three, I find Swept Away to be very fun - combined with defender +1 wraiths makes it a very handy for pushing for a double move.  Still, I'm very aware that exhausted wraiths and threats can make it prone to direct wounding.

As a big fan of theme decks, I really like how it's aligned with the story - high risk, high reward.

In the words of Michael Westen: it's "like owning a pit bull; it may protect you, or it may bite your hand off" :-)
I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend...-Faramir