LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Frenzied Attack // Resistance Uruks - in developement  (Read 4188 times)

October 20, 2013, 05:51:26 AM
Read 4188 times

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Frenzied Attack // Resistance Uruks - in developement
« on: October 20, 2013, 05:51:26 AM »
I want to start playing standard on gemp (I know... not popular, whatevah :-S), but I don't feel like running my old lists I used on GCCG, I want to create something that's completely new (at least for me). I always wanted to create a shadow side centered around Frenzied Attack, and had more or less success with some builds using Cantea, Duplicitous Assassin, but it didn't feel strong enough, as when I couldn't play FA from early on in the game, it just didn't accomplish much. I never really played any [Uruk] decks, because they just felt too vulnerable and/or not cost efficient enough when compared to other shadows, but their massive resistance debuffs might just create the perfect shell for Frenzied Attack to work consistently.

The idea would be to use cards Suppressing Uruk and Throne of the Dark Lord (+ Mount Doom) and other similar effects to enable the usage of Frenzied Attack and kill companions then get the event back with Incited. Replaying Isengard Ruined + Saruman, SOS would help taking care of the high vitality companions, and Gollum would provide some protection with Final Strike to the other minions (would use Skulker to ensure that I can play Frenzied Attack before they kill Gollum). Some assignment tricks might help as well, like Mauhur, Relentless Hunter and I always wanted to play Ugly Fellow too (and he seem to work well in here). The problem is that I have absolutely no experience with standard uruks and I might not even know some key cards that I'd have to use, so I'm asking for the help of the community here :), as when I start making my lists, I always feel like I'm trying to do too much (but c'mon, who doesn't want to play Final Triumph ^^), and get these thoughts, that my shadow would be crushed by certain strategies or cycle horribly, or wouldn't have enough twilight, etc...

So to summarize it... I need help creating a list that's not as huge as 50/50, hjeeelp meh :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 05:59:52 AM by Shelobplayer »

October 20, 2013, 09:04:58 AM
Reply #1

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
Re: Frenzied Attack // Resistance Uruks - in developement
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 09:04:58 AM »
Don't forget Incited to recycle FA during the skirmish phase, it can do a lot :) I ran an easterling/gollum deck (expanded, I know) that featured a bit of ambush and that combo. wasn't consistant, but gettting to kill 3-4 companions at a single site with one frenzied attack was pretty sweet.
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

October 20, 2013, 01:28:34 PM
Reply #2

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Frenzied Attack // Resistance Uruks - in developement
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 01:28:34 PM »
Incited is part of the engine for my idea as well if you read carefully, it looks great :). I wish Easterling version was standard legal, Small Hope and polearm woulld rock standard, but I'm afraid it doesn't hit the power level a shadow side needs for expanded :(.