LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: [First Deck] [Movie] Elven and Dunland  (Read 5781 times)

November 16, 2016, 04:49:02 PM
Read 5781 times

Tree Herder

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 05:08:41 PM by Tree Herder »

November 17, 2016, 09:16:40 AM
Reply #1

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
Re: [First Deck] [Movie] Elven and Dunland
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 09:16:40 AM »
The fellowship looks pretty good. I'd swap out Double Shot for some shadow condition discarding such as Company of Archers. I'd also drop the elven bows for something, maybe an Aiglos and some Hosts of the Last Alliance.

Shadow needs more minions. In a 32 card deck, you want in general 19-22 minions.
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

November 17, 2016, 09:47:49 AM
Reply #2

Eukalyptus

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 09:47:49 AM »
There is definately need for a Sam, Son of Hamfast for Burden removal (cut the second Celeborn for it) as well as a Shotgun Enquea (cut one War Club for it). Dunno about that TLHTPS, Movie is typically not that condition heavy except for Knights (which will give you endless trouble anyways) and Dauntless Hunter. Depends on your meta. Otherwise, you're good to go.

November 17, 2016, 11:26:35 AM
Reply #3

Tree Herder

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 11:26:35 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions so far. :) Also I've been wondering if Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom works well enough with Dunland? Since Site-Control Dunland seems to want to go first, I am wondering if her starting resistance is too low.

November 17, 2016, 01:14:30 PM
Reply #4

Eukalyptus

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 01:14:30 PM »
She has a 6 when starting two Elves. Should be alright. Bidding three in Movie is almost suicide and not many decks can risk it because of Anduin Banks.

November 21, 2016, 02:08:41 PM
Reply #5

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 02:08:41 PM »
Nice to see new members keeping the boards active.

On the Shadow side, I agree with other comments about the minion ratio. For a 32 card Shadow, I think you almost need 20 minions. Dunlending Looter is one of my favorites, but you could also consider Hill Chief for hand extension or even Wulf, Dunlending Chief for the rare extra site. Ready to Fall will help play minions from discard--particularly Dunlending Elder--but I would consider a copy of Constantly Threatening as well.

Many players run three Burn Every Village with a single Dark Fury in tournament play. The red herring Dark Fury may lead to some interesting matchups at sanctuaries if your opponent thinks you have more copies. Four copies of events is probably overkill with two copies of Saruman, Rabble-Rouser. I don't even play the old wizard in the majority of my Movie Block Dunlending decks.

Good advice for your free peoples with Company of Archers and Sam, Son of Hamfast. Legolas, Fearless Marksman can be a good tool for Glimpse of Fate, though you may want the utility of Legolas, Greenleaf in the long run. The copy of Bow of the Galadhrim is almost entirely superfluous. There is no reason to make the deck possession-heavy, but a second copy of Gwemegil to trigger Glimpse of Fate could be considered. You could also consider a single copy of The Splendor of Their Banners for a vitality-rich ring-bearer with an Elven Bow.

Cheers,
-wtk

November 21, 2016, 11:16:31 PM
Reply #6

Eukalyptus

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 11:16:31 PM »