LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Best Decks In Movie  (Read 15023 times)

June 09, 2012, 07:37:46 AM
Read 15023 times

Knight-Who-Says-Nee

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
Best Decks In Movie
« on: June 09, 2012, 07:37:46 AM »
In your opinion what are the…

Top 5 to 10 best free people sides

Top 5 to 10 best shadow sides

I'm new to playing movie and curious to know what are the overall best types.

INXJ

June 09, 2012, 07:51:55 AM
Reply #1

tanzhamster

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
Re: Best Decks In Movie
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 07:51:55 AM »
The best deck for me is allways the deck i enjoy the most, because i'm playing to have fun...

June 09, 2012, 10:44:00 AM
Reply #2

tim1247

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 10:44:00 AM »
The best deck for me is gondor knight+ noble+ Gandalf+sam deck, it tackles everything if set up right

June 09, 2012, 03:15:08 PM
Reply #3

Gartax

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 03:15:08 PM »
best freep I ll go with gondor knight, but a last alliance is strong too and pipeweed can be interesting

For shadow, Sauron orc threats, Morcs, also an underfoot deck is deadly too

June 09, 2012, 05:13:09 PM
Reply #4

jcb213

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 05:13:09 PM »
Elves (with Galadriel LR and a bunch of events including Forearmed x4)
Man Elf
Knights
Gandalf Ents
Dwarves

Southron Archery
Besiegers (with Trolls)
Corsairs
Enduring Nazgul

The Underfoot deck that is floating around is really good too, but you can't separate it as just a shadow because it only works if it's paired with a free peoples that is designed to filter and cycle like crazy.

June 10, 2012, 01:23:35 AM
Reply #5

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 01:23:35 AM »
Ninja gollum.

June 10, 2012, 03:28:14 AM
Reply #6

tanzhamster

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 03:28:14 AM »
jcb213 i'm very dissapointed in you that you suggest a LR deck to him....LR SHOULD NOT BE played by anyone!

June 10, 2012, 04:24:58 AM
Reply #7

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 04:24:58 AM »
tanzhamster: its evil incarnate, but it is the best deck.

June 10, 2012, 06:41:41 AM
Reply #8

tanzhamster

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 06:41:41 AM »
sure it is the best deck, because its absolutely overpowered and destroys nearly any shadow....but its no fun at all to play against that, so nobody should ever think about playing this....

i use to not play against players using her...and i'm not the only one...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 06:43:23 AM by tanzhamster »

June 10, 2012, 07:28:27 AM
Reply #9

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 07:28:27 AM »
I havent played her in ages, but for the sake of completing the list it should be mentioned.

June 10, 2012, 08:13:05 AM
Reply #10

MuadDib85

• Information Offline
  • Ranger

June 10, 2012, 11:03:24 AM
Reply #11

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 11:03:24 AM »
I always play the same deck in Movie : 70v/1d, killing most of times during region 2 (sites 4-6).
Hobbit Draft Game : http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr

June 10, 2012, 12:34:18 PM
Reply #12

hsiale

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 12:34:18 PM »
Movie has really a lot of viable options, decks I play and work quite well are (in random order):

Free Peoples

Dwarves - starting Gimli BoG, Durin III, Linnar and Smeagol AH. Strong companions, little twilight given (cheap [Dwarven] cards, Still Far Ahead), support area destruction with Blood Runs Chill, good cycling to set up your shadow.

Noble Leaders - Boromir, Faramir, Denethor, Aragorn and Elendil as main companions, a lot of strength and vitality, protection of own support area (due to many support cards being artifacts), great against site control decks, triple move possibility, good setup due to Denethor LoMT.

Ents - Saved From the Fire as main card giving you fast access to whatever card you need, many strong companions, powerful [Gandalf] events that can be recovered via Barliman Butterbur, PPP, best at triple moving (Radagast TB and Out of the High Airs).

Elven telepathy - strong Elves (Gil-galad EHK, Cirdan, Glorfindel RiW etc.), Gandalf MoW to set up top of the deck, Forearmed as main skirmish event, Galadriel RW to destroy opponent's support area.

Last Alliance - deck focusing on Greenleaf and Aragorn RotN, with some more [Gondor] and [Elven] companions. Elrond HtGg/ Vilya/ Secret Sentinels as healing/anti-conditions engine, additionally many other tricks to make it possible to fight against any shadow existing.

Dauntless Hunter - 4 hobbits and Legolas, some additional companion from time to time, little twilight given, many [Shire] tricks to survive against all odds.

Merry's Sword [Rohan] deck - Eomer TMoR as main fighter, Eowyn LoI to kill exhausted minions, Merry's Sword (and Farmer Maggot/ Frodo OBH healing engine) to exhaust those minions (great protection against Enquea LoM).

Knights - fortifications and Gondor Bow can take down almost any minion, strong companions (with Isildur BoH increasing their strength).

Durin's Secret Society of Dear Friends - very unusual and very strong deck with downside of having close to no shadow side - see http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,4077.0.html

Rainbow Wounding - deck with many subtypes, using various ways to wound minions that are dangerous before they can use their strength. Typical cards: Eowyn LoI + Leowyn + Brego, Greenleaf + Aiglos + The Tale of Gil-galad, Gimli BoG + Quick As May Be, Faramir SoD + Aragorn ET + Defend it and Hope + Hardy Garrison, hobbits + Shadowplay, Smeagol AH + Unheeded - though choices need to be made as it's impossible to fit everything into the deck.

Shadow
Besiegers - site control deck, using sites and engines to play many strong minions mid- and late game. Important cards: Siege Troop, Great Siege-towers, Gorgoroth Assassin, Great Hill Troll. Has access to Grond HotU and Terrible As the Dawn (similarly to next two [Sauron] decks).

Roaming [Sauron] - Advance Regular, Advance Scout, Advance Captain, Advance Marauder + whatever minions you think are good together with them. Two most popular versions adds either [Sauron] Uruk-hai from Mount Doom or Towers Block trackers.

Threat Sauron - using Mordor Guard/ Mordor Veteran killing engine, together with Fires Raged Unchecked, Orc Officer and a few other tricks.

Corsairs - Castamir of Umbar/ Raider Halberd is one killing combo, can destroy possessions and allies, can recover things from discard pile (Black Sails of Umbar and Ships of Great Draught).

Southron Archery - best pre-skirmish wounding shadow side available. Key cards: Desert Lord, Haradrim Marksman, Southron Marksmen, Seasoned Leader. Can set up hand with Ships of Great Draught (like other [Raider] decks).

Southrons on Mumaks - Desert Lord and Mumak Chieftain as main minions, Mumak to make them fierce, Seasoned Leader/ Field of the Fallen to get strenght up.

Beasterlings - 2 burdens, Easterling Captain, Easterling Polearm, Raider Bow as the killing combo. Small Hope to add burdens, some other minions like Easterling Army, Easterling Axeman, Easterling Regiment.

Morcs - cheap Nazgul (Cantea FTW, Lemenya AM etc), [Wraith] orcs that work well with them (Morgul Brute, Morgul Destroyer, Morgul Whelp), Gollum DaD.

Ninja Gollum - deck using many different Gollums (Mad Thing, Stinker, Vile Creature etc), They Stole It/ Promise Keeping combo to kill while there are many threats to deal a lot of damage. Other important cards: Shelob HL, Final Strike, Captured by the Ring, Fat One Wants It. Can add many splash minions and get them when needed via Evil-smelling Fens - usually uses Enquea LoM, Desert Lord, Grima (wormtongue and/or Chief Counsellor), Bill Ferny SSF.

Dunland - tries to control 2 sites (Freca HS, Wulf DC, Hillman Tribe) and then use Ready to Fall to replay Dunlending Elders. Destroys possessions with War Club, punishes double move with Constantly Threatening. Other important cards: Over the Isen, No Retreat, Burn Every Village.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 03:20:52 PM by hsiale »

June 10, 2012, 12:38:29 PM
Reply #13

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 12:38:29 PM »
NInja Gollum needs a mention of YALAAT

June 10, 2012, 01:49:53 PM
Reply #14

jcb213

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 01:49:53 PM »
jcb213 i'm very dissapointed in you that you suggest a LR deck to him....LR SHOULD NOT BE played by anyone!

I agree that LR is not fun to play against but she is legal and he asked what is good in Movie Block so he should know that she is good.  Some people still play her on gemplotr.  If there is a Movie Block league and she isn't officially banned, then you have to be prepared for her.