LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: King Standard Mordorcs/Wizards Pupil  (Read 4164 times)

November 24, 2015, 11:45:18 AM
Read 4164 times

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

November 24, 2015, 12:27:13 PM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: King Standard Mordorcs/Wizards Pupil
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 12:27:13 PM »
Oh, great. Everyone gets to see my clown deck.

That said, really liked the deck overall. In addition to Legions of Morgul, Siegecraft, or, perhaps, Enheartened Foe might be a nasty surprise.
-wtk

November 25, 2015, 10:09:20 AM
Reply #2

Eukalyptus

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 10:09:20 AM »
Second Level I get, but you don't want to exert Faramir pre-skirmish for Third Level. Especially when Gandalf is not there yet. And at 36 cards, I think this deck too big.  Also, you might want to think about including 1 AWINL, as you got 3 cards for Gandalf which are dead weight when you have those, but not him. 1 Eowyn and both Third Level can easily go. Moment of Respite is neat, but unnecessary, really. You got so much healing going on with Athelas and copies of Gandalf himself that I don't see the necessity. Boromir, My Brother might also be something to think about.

The shadow looks fun, but could make use of a 4th CBtR as well as switching the Gollum to Old Villain. Helps way more while Vile Creature hinders your shadow. Gollum isn't there for good threat use, but to make them. Enduring Evil is way too situational for my taste, meaning drawing it AFTER you made use of Orc Officer. Orc Stalker is too expensive, stock up on Mordor Trooper and another Legion of Morgul instead. Enheartened Foe is really just useful with minions like Morgul Hunter, Host of Udun or Siege Troop. 1 Fat One Might be sufficient as well.

As I said, cut the deck by at least 3 cards, ideally by more to get a more reliable draw for the combo hand you need.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 10:12:11 AM by Eukalyptus »

October 25, 2018, 09:44:17 AM
Reply #3

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 09:44:17 AM »
I've played this deck a few times recently and so I thought I'd bump the topic. It takes a little setting up on the Free Peoples side, but the shadow is surprisingly fun considering it is largely built of the Orcs that you wouldn't think to use.

I don't see the benefit of Boromir, My Brother, but I played without the Third Levels with no real harm. As long as you aren't facing Grima, Chief Counselor or other multi-cultural wounding and you get a decently quick set-up, this deck can be a lot of fun!
-wtk