LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Lost Heir
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:45 pm
DC sent. Thumbs Up
Check out my Trade List!
View the newest culture in my DC set, The Lords of Gondor: Gandalf
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:56 pm
Holy scuzz!

I come in today and see 4 new inbox messages all for this contest. I guess it will go on, then! I’ll put the cards up tonight (unless I said the deadline was later than now...)
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:38 am
Hey dude, i only asked if it was dead and its seems its not, does that mean you’ll accept mine?

DC sent anyways Thumbs Up
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:24 pm
It’s alright, Lem0n.

Oy, I’ll have these up... soon. I gotta leave right now, but... sometime.

I won’t promise tonight (although I’d love to be able to) just in case I can’t keep that promise.

Oh, sorry for the lack of reviews today, but I really have to go!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:12 pm
Thranduil wrote:
5 • My Task Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Res: -2
Fellowship: Transfer this condition to Gandalf.
While borne by Gandalf, he is defender +1 and damage +1 and each time another unbound companion is about to take a wound, you may add 2 to prevent it.
At the start of each regroup phase that Gandalf bears this condition, add 2 burdens or transfer this condition to your support area.
’But I will say this: the rule of no realm is mine, neither of Gondor nor any other, great or small. But all worthy things that are in peril as the world now stands, those are my care. And for my part, I shall not wholly fail of my task, though Gondor should perish, if anything passes through this night that can still grow fair or bear fruit and flower again in days to come. For I also am a steward. Did you not know?’

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
4 •Gandalf, Steward Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 7
When your condition, follower, or possession is about to be discarded, you may discard a card of the same culture from hand to prevent that.
"But all worthy things that are in peril as the world now stands, those are my care. (...) For I also am a steward. Did you not know?"

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
2 World in Peril Gandalf
Event • Response
Spell. If a burden is about to be added, spot Gandalf to place no token for that burden.
"’But I will say this: the rule of no realm is mine, neither of Gondor nor any other, great or small. But all worthy things that are in peril as the world now stands, those are my care. And for my part, I shall not wholly fail of my task, though Gondor should perish, if anything passes through this night that can still grow fair or bear fruit and flower again in days to come. For I also am a steward. Did you not know?’

Editor’s Note: This card is made in the spirit of Intimidate and Strength of Spirit.

Lost Heir wrote:

3 •Stewards’ Task Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Exert Faramir to remove a threat. The Shadow player may wound a minion twice to prevent this.
Skirmish: Exert Boromir to make another Gondor Man strength +1 (limit +3).
Regroup: Spot Denethor and add 2 to place a Gondor event on top of your draw deck (limit 3).
“’And for my part, I shall not wholly fail of my task, though Gondor should perish, if anything passes through this night that can still grow fair or bear fruit and flower again in days to come. For I also am a steward. Did you not know?’”

lem0nhead wrote:
2 • Steward of the Free Peoples Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot Gandalf and X Free Peoples cultures to reinforce X culture tokens.
Skirmish: Exert Gandalf and remove a Free Peoples culture token to make another companion of that culture strength +3.
"And for my part, I shall not wholly fail of my task, though Gondor should perish, if anything passes through this night that can still grow fair or bear fruit and flower again in days to come. For I also am a steward. Did you not know?"

We got 5 entries. Vote top 2.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
macheteman
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:25 pm
hmmm... i’ll have to vote for:

lem0nhead
&
WLC
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:21 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
WLC and Thranduil.

lem0n, that was just way too abusable with cards like Sudden Fury. Radagast’s Herb Bag + Gandalf’s Staff makes for +15 strength in a nice little combo. Even more, if you’ve got Strength of Spirit. But it was a cool card idea.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:49 am
Argh! I cant vote for my top 2.

WLC’s is way broke imho, its fanstastic but realistically too OP. LH has missed the point in the lore as its gandalf talking and nothing to do with boromir or faramir.

So ill just got for AC as its pretty cool anyway. Ill add Thran if i have to as the lesser of evils. Twisted Evil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Lost Heir
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:43 am
lem0nhead wrote:
LH has missed the point in the lore as its gandalf talking and nothing to do with boromir or faramir.

Oops. I didn’t see that, I just made up a card in about two seconds without even thinking who was talking. It would be nice if EL would tell where the lore is in the books to make it easier.
Check out my Trade List!
View the newest culture in my DC set, The Lords of Gondor: Gandalf
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:42 am
Thranduil wrote:
5 • My Task Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Res: -2
Fellowship: Transfer this condition to Gandalf.
While borne by Gandalf, he is defender +1 and damage +1 and each time another unbound companion is about to take a wound, you may add 2 to prevent it.
At the start of each regroup phase that Gandalf bears this condition, add 2 burdens or transfer this condition to your support area.
’But I will say this: the rule of no realm is mine, neither of Gondor nor any other, great or small. But all worthy things that are in peril as the world now stands, those are my care. And for my part, I shall not wholly fail of my task, though Gondor should perish, if anything passes through this night that can still grow fair or bear fruit and flower again in days to come. For I also am a steward. Did you not know?’

Wasn’t sure about this card, whether it was too good or too expensive or both.

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
4 •Gandalf, Steward Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 7
When your condition, follower, or possession is about to be discarded, you may discard a card of the same culture from hand to prevent that.
"But all worthy things that are in peril as the world now stands, those are my care. (...) For I also am a steward. Did you not know?"

Very interesting, but I think strength 8 is pushing it, and I might be tempted to just limit the ability to Gandalf cards.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
2 World in Peril Gandalf
Event • Response
Spell. If a burden is about to be added, spot Gandalf to place no token for that burden.
"’But I will say this: the rule of no realm is mine, neither of Gondor nor any other, great or small. But all worthy things that are in peril as the world now stands, those are my care. And for my part, I shall not wholly fail of my task, though Gondor should perish, if anything passes through this night that can still grow fair or bear fruit and flower again in days to come. For I also am a steward. Did you not know?’

I like this one a lot. Very interesting, except that it seems far too powerful compared to Ease the Burden.

Lost Heir wrote:
3 •Stewards’ Task Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Exert Faramir to remove a threat. The Shadow player may wound a minion twice to prevent this.
Skirmish: Exert Boromir to make another Gondor Man strength +1 (limit +3).
Regroup: Spot Denethor and add 2 to place a Gondor event on top of your draw deck (limit 3).
“’And for my part, I shall not wholly fail of my task, though Gondor should perish, if anything passes through this night that can still grow fair or bear fruit and flower again in days to come. For I also am a steward. Did you not know?’”

Fantastically cool, and you could have pulled it off if you had missed out the last two sentences! Out of context, most people wouldn’t have noticed that it was Gandalf talking! Though I think the ability should exert Denethor (without a limit) and the cost should then be brought down to 2 or 1.

lem0nhead wrote:
2 • Steward of the Free Peoples Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot Gandalf and X Free Peoples cultures to reinforce X culture tokens.
Skirmish: Exert Gandalf and remove a Free Peoples culture token to make another companion of that culture strength +3.
"And for my part, I shall not wholly fail of my task, though Gondor should perish, if anything passes through this night that can still grow fair or bear fruit and flower again in days to come. For I also am a steward. Did you not know?"

Seems a bit crazy this one. Too good, but very interesting. If the strength adding was +1 or +2 or the condition didn’t reinforce any tokens, it would be a lot more balanced.

Therefore:

AC
lem0n

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards