LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
macheteman
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:18 pm
i’ve been to texas once. cool place. Virginia pwns it, but it’s fine in it’s own way.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
NBarden
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:24 pm
macheteman wrote:
i’ve been to texas once. cool place. Virginia pwns it, but it’s fine in it’s own way.

No its not. Its all wrong. Well...almost all wrong, the only thing that is cool is the huge interstate system in Dallas, but other than that, everything drove me nuts. The heat, the people, the all-out anti-american sentiment including a moron advocating that Texas secede from the union.

Texas is the WORST state in the union. Oh wait, that’s right, its not a state, its a country.

I say we cut the US flag back to 49 stars and let Texas keep the 50th in their own flag. Razz

From someone whose been to 30+ states in the union, trust me, California is better than Texas. And that’s saying something.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
macheteman
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:00 pm
well, seeing as i hardly even made it out of the DTC training center while i was there, you could be right. but VA still pwns all!

Wisconsin is still finnier.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
fearlessknight
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:34 pm
Kansas is a nice state. I recently spent a week their in the city of Greensburg with 7 other Californian’s building a house for a family who lost everything in the EF5 tornado that struck there in May. The people and the weather are awesome, no smog . We stayed in Hutchingson and had a great time.
ingold55
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:54 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
NBarden wrote:
macheteman wrote:

No its not. Its all wrong. Well...almost all wrong, the only thing that is cool is the huge interstate system in Dallas, but other than that, everything drove me nuts. The heat, the people, the all-out anti-american sentiment including a moron advocating that Texas secede from the union.

Texas is the WORST state in the union. Oh wait, that’s right, its not a state, its a country.

I say we cut the US flag back to 49 stars and let Texas keep the 50th in their own flag. Razz

From someone whose been to 30+ states in the union, trust me, California is better than Texas. And that’s saying something.

Ok, you obviously don’t live here.

Texas is the coolest state in the world! No other state can brag of what we have. They are all wan’ a bees. Texas is the only state that can succeed from the union because we bought that right in blood. I have met no one who claims to want Texas to be its own country. And I have lived here only about all my life!

an interesting thing about Texas is that Dallas is composed of people who are from Texas, but are also imigrants to the state. So NB you could have been talking to a Californian who lives in Texas...

I have to ask, was it them who rubbed you the wrong way or you rubbed them the wrong way?

You should spend a few days with me... You would begin to appreciate Texas alot more. As far as Cowboys go, they are an amazing team who have the second largest scoring record in NFL and are amazing. Those who claim Texas to be boring don’t have a true feel for Texas and what the kind of pride you get is. We are Americans, and we have pride in that, but we are also Texans and we have pride in that too. No other state can brag on what we have.

Sorry if this sounds rude, but I don’t like people ditching my state. So it is nothing against you NB... Don’t take offence please.

Thanks,
ingold
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
NBarden
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:37 am
They rubbed me the wrong way. I used to consider Texas as cool, and used to root for the Cowboys, and then I went to Texas for a week.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
ingold55
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:33 am
Sorry about the previous post.

It is sad to hear you talk about Texas that way. It is really an amazing state. I have seen east Texas, that is beautiful, south Texas is so open it is just you and God, central Texas is amazing. Dallas Texas is such a small glimps of the state that it isn’t right to make an oppenion off of the city.

Texans are loyal to the U.S. I have only heard we should succeed from the union in a jokes, no body means it seriously, but we do observe that right, because just like the founding of the U.S. we had to fight for our freedom. Every other state was just given their freedom, we fought to get our freedom.

It is a fun state, but you would have to live hear for a little while to get a true feel for it.
One thing I like about Texas is how conservative it is. Alot of other states have gone liberal I guess you could call it.

Heat is a part of life hear, but have you been here in the winter when it snows and makes everything look beautiful?

Have you seen blue bonnets covered in snow, with nothing but land behind them. It is a touch of heaven.

My point is that Texas is an amazing state, but you have to stay for a while to realize this fact. Dallas is the most popular spot in Texas, but it is such a small, shallow glimps of what Texas really is.

Once again I am sorry for my previous post.... Sorry you feel that way about Texas NB.

Thanks,
ingold
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:40 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Santa Catarina rocks 10 times more than Texas. Rolling Eyes
I don't like YOU.
ingold55
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:42 pm
no comment....

NBarden
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:12 pm
@Ingold, it doesn’t matter if the state looks beautiful if the people who live there are snobs.

Besides, I know people from Houston to the panhandle. And even Corpus Christi! Some are my friends! But once they start bragging on how Texas is best and how sorry they feel for me that I live in Kansas, I get peeved. Bad. I’m willing to be friends with them, but they learn very quickly not to brag, or I’ll show them that a Kansan CAN beat up a Texan bad, as much as they may want to brag otherwise.

Its just my trip to Dallas made me realize that almost everyone in Texas is a snob. And that’s from quite a large cross-section.

Welcome to the Nation of Texas. Fine. If you don’t want to accept that you’re just a state like every other state, get out of the country! We don’t need you. See how long you could survive severed from the US in the world of international relations.

When you come crawling back asking to rejoin, I’ll laugh in your face. No offense at any Texans on here, but I’ll have to say that from the cross-section of the Texas population, this seems to be the prevailing attitude there.

BTW, you’ve just struck a chord. Nothing makes me madder than talking about Texas.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion