LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
NBarden
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:28 pm
Okay...are we moving from site 1 to site 2 then? And when do we meet some minions?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:50 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Yes, I will begin the site numbers (and their keywords and "site abilities" and such), as well as minion DCs, beginning at Helm’s Deep. Everything up until now was kind of an "introduction" of sorts.

Soon as I have all those minions ready, we’ll move on...hopefully AFTER Legoles’ section, but I’m not going to wait around for it. He said his participation might be limited, after all.

I plan on having that up tomorrow. So if anyone wants to write more before then, get to it! Smile

EDIT: Oh, and Mr. Barden: if you or one of the mods could please make sure all the DCs are updated in the DC thread and get rid of the extra (unused) replies, that would be swell. No big rush...just when you’re able to get to it.

Thanks! Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:26 pm
Final call for new material before Helm’s Deep! We ride around 4:00 EST...or perhaps even earlier. Very Happy

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
ingold55
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:08 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Ok, I will post sunday, and hopefully will be able to post a few times after that...

thanks Dain for posting for me, have a GP
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:22 pm
Hey, Dain, I noticed one of the uruks has a maneuver ability to pump other uruks (or make them fierce). Could you tell us which uruks this will be used on?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:55 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Hey, Dain, I noticed one of the uruks has a maneuver ability to pump other uruks (or make them fierce). Could you tell us which uruks this will be used on?

Very good question. I went ahead and edited an answer into the original post. He used the ability once to make a Pikesman +2, and another time to make the Berserker fierce. Twisted Evil

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:49 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
I am missing how Tuilin EVER got exerted. but I will go wtih it

Tuilin and Duinihir are wounded simply because they were wounded during the battle at the Fords. Granted, Tuilin’s wasn’t as crippling as Duinihir’s, but athelas or no athelas, I wouldn’t think taking a crossbow bolt in the side would heal within 2 days. Wink

Don’t worry: just stay alive, and I’ll make sure everyone gets healed up. (Pretty much, at least. Whistle)

Also, hate to say it SoP, but you don’t have any ability to assign archery wounds at your leisure. The Shadow player would certainly assign your archery elsewhere to keep the Commander alive. Probably one of the Swordsmen or Pikesmen.

You CAN, however, make use of your ability "each time a minion takes a wound during the archery phase, you may exert Tuilin to wound that minion (limit once per phase)" to apply an extra wound to any minion that DOES take a wound.

So, with all of that in mind, you COULD do one of the following:

1.) Assign the archery wound to a Swordsman. Tuilin can then finish him off in skirmish, as you described.

2.) Assign the archery wound to a Pikesman, then use the ability mentioned above to wound the Pikesman a second time. Then assign Tuilin however you wish.

Also remember that if you assign yourself to a wounded minion, you can add a threat to reinforce a token on Deep Calm. Always keep all your abilities in mind! Thumbs Up

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:01 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
OK so no killee commander...I willjust edit the post to wound the swordsman, then reinforce a token on deep calm.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:40 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Time for...a twist!

DUN DUN DUUUUUN!

Surprise, surprise...the Champion chooses to use its assignment ability assign itself to...Gandalf. Gandalf exerts to prevent this, so the Champion exerts again to assign itself to...Erkenbrand. Shall we let him skirmish, or shall Erkenbrand exert to cancel (and thus add a burden)? I’ll leave it up to you all to decide: let me know in the discussion thread. First three votes will determine his fate, then I will write a small section detailing the results.

I vote that Erkenbrand exert to cancel the skirmish. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:17 pm
I vote exert to prevent.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing