LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
NBarden
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:11 pm
He soaked up lots of threat wounding from Aragorn before falling to archery.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:17 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
I did NOT use caps. Razz

No, just kidding. I think I could have edged you out, though; I had another Ring of Fury for another potential 4-5 heals, plsu my sanctuary at 6.

My Dunlendings were worthless, though. Absolutely worthless. I didn’t even manage to draw a Hides. Evil or Very Mad

Dunlendings are awesome...but without Hides, they fall quickly to many modern decks, especially archery. I feel your pain. Make sure you have four Hides in your deck...it’s worth it, believe me.

If you can manage to control a couple sites (which shouldn’t be TOO hard if you can survive until skirmish), Ready to Fall is a must also. Lets you pull back your Dunlendings from discard, which can really help later on, whether your Dunlendings are slaughtered early on or not. Thumbs Up

Oh, and Saruman, Rabble-Rouser. If you don’t have him in there, get him. He’s a nice pumper, of course, but he can soak up lots of archery if need be.

I had 4 Hides in my deck, believe it or not. And STILL didn’t draw a single one.

And, as NB said, Saruman fell prey to Thorongil’s text.
I had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:27 pm
MY Three Hunters/IB Shooting/WoBaS/Fighting/Discarding and otherwise utterly destroying mess with Multiculture Uber Archery/Grind vs.

Shieldmaiden’s Killer Grimbeorn w/ Mega Beatdown

We pummeled each other’s fellowships. Mumak Commander, Black Gate Sentry and Desert Lords hit her early, but my Lackeys and Black Land Chieftain didn’t get going until region three.

Lost Legolas, Gimli, and Aragorn, but was able to keep on with Madril, Faramir, and Pippin. Faramir’s Bow saved me at site 9 once two Uruk Outriders hit the table. Pippin killed the other.

IT WAS THAT BALROG THAT KILLED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And an occasional Mountain Troll. Oh, and the Olog-Hai of Mordor.

She made a mistake playing Gollum, because he was easy to beat up and trigger Focus. GG.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:26 pm
Game Result
macheteman’s Gandwarves w/ Ninja Gollum
vs.
my
Noble Leaders w/ Men Archery

We tied for the bid, but I won the toss and he went first. He had 2 burdens on Gimli, so I played Neekerbreekers’ Bog for site 2, forcing him to exert Gloin, Gandalf, and Smeagol. I also managed to play Mumak Commander + Pavise, which exhausted Smeagol and Gandalf, then exhausted Gloin in the skirmish phase. He stopped. I moved to site 2 and he played one small minion, which actually helped me because I removed Boromir’s only burden with Glamdring. I stopped at 2.

He played a couple of Dwarven Warriors and moved to 3, but I played Anduin Banks, the Mouth, and the Commander with Pavise again to exhaust the Warriors. He then had to take 4 archery for the site, exhausting Gimli and killing a Warrior. In the skirmish, Gloin beat the Mouth but the Commander killed the other Warrior. I moved to 3 behind him and he didn’t play any minions. I stopped.

He moved to 4 and burned Smeagol with Saved From the Fire, then Gandalf died in the skirmish phase. I moved to 4 and he played Shelob and Gollum, which ended up giving me 2 wounds in the skirmish phase. In the regroup phase, though, he played Sting of Shelob which made me kill Gandalf and put Faramir in my hand.

He moved to 5, and I played a couple of Howdahs, the Mouth, and Archer of Harad. I was able to play Elevated Fire in the archery phase, and Gimli was corrupted. Good game! Very Happy
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:32 am; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
macheteman
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:36 pm
you didn’t kill smeagol. he fell to saved from the fire. good game though.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:35 am
Edited. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
Apopatos
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:03 am
Who can host and wants some quarrels with me? Smile
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
Kralik
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:38 pm
Hello All,

I hope you don’t mind me tagging this onto your SdA post... I am new to SdA, but was able to find it after scouring the Internet for a bit. I have Version 3.1.2401.11970 -- I assume that this is the latest version and development has ceased?

Anyway, I was wondering a couple of things:

1) Does anyone have an up-to-date SdA.xml file? The one I am using lists no cards for Age’s End, and gives 404 file not found errors on some card images.
2) Does anyone know of a good way to download ALL of the images from Decipher’s site? A web crawler of sorts... or is there a way to tell SdA to do it automatically instead of clicking on cards individually?
3) Does SdA support multiple players or spectators? (I assume no on both counts)
4) What is the world does SdA stand for anyway?

Thanks for the help! Looking forward to some good LoTR tourneys... Very Happy
macheteman
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:57 pm
Kralik wrote:

Thanks for the help! Looking forward to some good LoTR tourneys... Very Happy

welcome! it’s always good to have new players join. can you host? i’m not sure about you picture and ages end problems (some others here might know)

SdA stands for: Significant dental Atom...

lol, your guess is as good as mine...
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Kralik
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:58 am
OK, I took it upon myself to write an AutoHotKey Script that will parse the SdA.xml file and return a list of commands to download the pictures with wget. I put that in a batch file and it works great. If anyone wants it, let me know...

Any ideas on my other questions?
Thanks!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion