LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
NappyKorn
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:16 am
I believe your problem with no ages end cards lies in the fact you have an old sda.xml file I have the newest one and it has the AE cards listed but no pics for them. I edited the file once to have the pics show up but it caused sda to crash if the other player didn’t have them same xml file. I can send you the newest xml file in an email if you want it if indeed you mean the cards themselves aren’t in your version, but if you meant the images weren’t showinf up them we all have that problem I believe. Anyway of you want the file that gives you the card text and the availablity to use AE cards PM me your email address and I’ll send it to you. Sda doesn’t support multi-player and a 3rd party can join the game but they can’t watch the game be played just chat and read what the other 2 players are talking about.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
Kralik
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:06 pm
Well, I seem to have the text for all of the cards, but they are all under "The Great Eye." I edited the database to load the pictures and changed the set number to "21" so that they display under Age’s End.

1) Will this cause other people’s games to crash?
2) Is there any way to edit the set numbers and descriptions? For example, to make Age’s End set 19 and not 21?
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:11 pm
That WILL make the system crash. DO NOT edit it.

Its not gonna kill you to search The Great Eye, but whatever you do, DON’T edit the file. The game WILL crash.

BTW, I can play anyone who can host, and maybe someone who can’t. Haven’t tried hosting from this PC yet.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:32 pm
Game Result
NBarden’s Gorn + Frodo + Smeagol Choke w/ Forestguls
vs.
my Elven Hunters w/ StBOoYV Beatdown

Choke hurts. Badly. I only played about a dozen minions over the course of the game, but...

Region 1 went smoothly, except for the fact that he dropped 2 of my companions with Cantea. In region 2, I exhausted his fellowship, but he healed up at 6. We both singled to 7, handled the other’s minion, and stopped. I moved to 8, killed his Nazzies, then risked the double to 9. Unfortunately for him, he didn’t get a single minion on his reconcile and I won. Good game! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:26 pm
He wanted expanded, so I gave him expanded.

MY

IB/Demoralized and Rapid Reload

HIS

Dwarf/Sauron and Wraith discard

The clash of the NPEs.

He said "Oh crud, 30,000 rangers" when I set up my starting fellowship. He couldn’t touch me with IB going and Gorn and Faramir’s Bow while running like mad. Although his Tower of Barad-Dur threw me in a pickle, and I hate his Orc Inquisitors.

Rapid Reload set up at 4, lost 1 comp that site, lost 2 next site, and then lost 4 site after. Gimli corrupted on assignment at 7.

Told ya I would FINALLY beat AP. Took an extremely broken deck to do it, but hey, that’s all he runs anyway. Wink

AP, that was your beatdown last game? I couldn’t figure out what it was! But it wasn’t beatdown...more like a grind/corruption hybrid with Sauron tossed in. But yeah, its awesome, unless you choke the heck outta it.

I didn’t get my Smeagol choke cards and site-path control all game. Razz I tried to bluff him out of doubling by dropping a couple hints like, "oh well, more nazzies next site," but he didn’t take it.

Any sane person woulda stopped, because a choke is easy to kill on the double and you don’t want to double into Forestguls, but he got lucky.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:21 pm
NBarden wrote:
AP, that was your beatdown last game? I couldn’t figure out what it was! But it wasn’t beatdown...more like a grind/corruption hybrid with Sauron tossed in. But yeah, its awesome, unless you choke the heck outta it.

That was my StBOoYV Beatdown. It’s still undefeated! Dancing
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:30 pm
StBOoYV? What’s that stand for?

And BTW, its not beatdown, that is completely and utterly a hybrid. Beatdown a little, a lot of wounding and a little corruption.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:33 pm
NBarden wrote:

Stomp-the-Blood-Out-of-Your-Veins.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:53 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
NBarden wrote:

Stomp-the-Blood-Out-of-Your-Veins.

And regardless of whether it is technically a "beatdown" or not, there is no other way to describe what it does to you--and how you feel afterwards--with anything but choke.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:28 am
Or Ithilien Blade. Or archery en-masse. Or....

Man, I can think of so many ways to beat it.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion