LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
NBarden
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:43 pm
Game Result: Me vs Smallman

My Gandy Men/Stragglers-Ferny Kill
His Rainbow Initiative Losing/No Roam Wraith/Men

He hit hard with his region 1 monsters and dropped Brand and Erland early. But I recovered decently and would have been able to survive to 9 no problem, but he has already started running. Namarie hosed all my Stragglers and left my strategy in dead water.

Thus, he easily doubled every site and made it to 9 first. GG.

Now to construct a no-roam deck...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
macheteman
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:41 pm
AP’s Elven hunters-ish archery/Uruk-hai hunters

vs.

mm’s knights-rangers/morcs

we both bid 1 and i won the toss. he went first. i played a couple at site one. he doubled to 2. and i couldn’t play anything else.

i played a BUNCH of stuff, and he played some minions, my guys handled them well, and moved to 3. he couldn’t play anything.

when i moved to site 5 i gave 22 twilight and he replied with 5 beefy minions. i ended up losing 2 companions. but i survived! without 4th level.

then he moved to site 6ix, and gave 19 twilight and that was it. i played a minion, and took creeper into hand. played creeper enquea, and a pair of other minions and swarmed him. he died.

it was a good game.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
NBarden
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:34 pm
I’m able to play if anyone else is. Who can host.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
NappyKorn
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:24 pm
Looking for a game as well if someone who can host wants to play a game.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:00 pm
Able to play whenever. Hit me on IM as well, nicholas.barden@gmail.com.

EDIT: Off for about a 1/2 hour, will be back on soon.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:38 pm
Game Report:

My Wound/Wound vs his Three Hunters/Morcs

Crash at site 6. I set up flawlessly, knocked out everything completely, and was sitting at 5 ready to double to 7. I coulda then doubled to 9 easily, because his shadow could do absolutely NOTHING to stop me.

His FP on the other hand was getting bashed. He was chock full of wounds, and though he arrived somewhat intact at site 6, I had Gothmog, Mumak Commander, and a couple Elevated Fire once he hit the massive twilight tossing region 3. He woulda probably died to that, even if I couldn’t run.

I’m required to say tie, because of a crash, but I SO pwned him.
OneFathom
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:34 pm
Game Report:

My: "Rohan Circus" Wounding/Beseigers

Vs.

AP’s Three Hunters/Lost In The Woods Nazgul

AP bid 2 to start, I bid 0...he asked me to go first. I doubled to three after taking out a couple of his Nazgul using Windfola and Unheeded (via Merry-Swordthain.) I stopped at 3.

Took control of the first 2 sites early with a Troop Tower/Gorgoroth Assassin and then another via Siege Troop for site 2. Unfortunately, that was the highlight of my shadow. I dropped a couple Olog-Hai of Mordors that may have been the key to slowing down his FP in region 2, but other than that not much else. The three hunters were pretty much beating my Beseigers left and right so I had to rely on my FP to win.

Luckily I stayed ahead of AP...choosing to double past 6 and into 7. He played a condition at 7 and reconciled.

My shadow didn’t do anything to AP as he eventually doubled to 7 as well.
My FP turn I took out his Nazgul at 8. He played a Morgul Brute, Ulaire Cantea, Faster Than Winds (who removed my 2 threats to discard Sting, WoH) and Ulaire Toldea, Something of the Nine Riders (the one that can play the next site). Anyways, I took them out using Eowyn’s Sword, DB, Eomer’s Spear, TW, Merry-Swordthain and Windfola.

I doubled to 9 where I faced a WK-CotNR another Toldea and a Brute. I killed off the WK quickly by playing a Riders of the Mark from my hand (a Rohan companion you can play during the skirmish phase to exhaust a minion) and coupled it with an Eowyn’s Sword, Dernhelm’s Blade I had in my hand as well. I took Toldea on Theodred (w/ Rider’s Mount) to exert him twice. I took a wound instead of being overwhelmed thanks to a Fey He Seemed pump. Fierce skirmish I put him on Eomer who discarded his spear to kill him. Good game!
Kralik
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:03 pm
Does anyone have the card images from Hunters and on? I have most of them, but Decipher has a bunch of broken links on their website. Sad
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:03 pm
Game Result
NappyKorn’s Rohan Possessions w/ Men Site Control
vs.
my Three Hunters w/ Forestguls

Both of our decks got off to rocky starts, both Freeps and Shadow. I pulled Thorongil at 2 with The Prancing Pony, but that was my highlight of the first half. His Merry + Possessions handled my Nazzies, and his Men gave my Freeps a fit. He moved into 6 with over half a dozen wounds, while I managed to squeak in with 5 wounds thanks to Kingsfoil and Focus in region 2. He singled to 7 and I could play LitW and Morgul Brute. He killed him and decided to risk the double to 8, giving me 28. I played Woody-End, and alternated between Dark Approach and the site to play 5 Nazzies (including CotNR) for 24. Frodo was forced to skirmish Cantea, and I attached LitW for a +4 pump, giving him a 14-6 overwhelm. Good game! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:53 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
NappyKorn’s Elvents w/ Burdening Nazzies and Sauron
vs.
my Ring-bound Heroes w/ Gollum & (Tentacle) Friends

Both of our decks had at least one somewhat unusual side. For him, his FP side was pretty typical Elvents: Elrohir/Elladan, Gil-galad/Glorfindel, and Elrond/Arwen. But his Shadow side was a strange mix between Forestguls (Lost In The Woods), burdening (with Lingering Shadow and a couple burdening Nazzies), and Sauron with his throne (and with all the burdens, he was actually able to play the Lord Of The Rings a couple times!). For me, my Shadow side was pretty typical tentacle swarming (with the new Watcher) but also featured Gollum to add a little twilight, replace a couple sites, and use my Evil-smelling Fens to fetch a few minions back. My Free Peoples side was kind of unusual too: starting with Frodo, Sam, Smeagol, and RB Faramir and adding in a few Rangers of Westernese along the way to absorb big minions and play sites.

Anyway, we each bid one, and I got to go first. I started with the Damned Gate-stream/Safe Pasage combo and named forest (which turned out to not do much, actually) and was off and running. We each single-moved through the first region, not doing much to each other.

In region 2, the full scope of his strategy took form as he dropped LitWs and/or Lingering Shadows on Sam and Faramir. Fortunately, with some timely events (and suicidal rangers Razz), I was able to keep most wounds off of them as Sam got bigger and bigger with some copies of A Promise and eventually Sting. My minions simply couldn’t touch his fellowship, which just grew and grew. He seemed to have unlimited events and had some brilliant ways of keeping them cycling between his hand, deck, and discard pile. I was able to drop the Watcher and NINE tentacles at Site 6, and he STILL managed to shrug them off, even with four of them on his Galadriel Ring-bearer! But he was finally running out of ways to keep fetching events, and he DID finally start taking a few wounds.

With Faramir and Sam risky to heal anyway thanks to Lingering Shadows and burdens piling up on Frodo, I doubled through the Site 6 sanctuary, which turned out to be the turning point of the game. I lost my final (non-Faramir_ ranger at Site 7, and my remaining four companions (my starting four) were all wounded, but alive. He singled to 7, but with my playing lots of minions again and him realizing I could double to 9 anyway, he decided to test his Shadow side and stopped.

The final turn was perhaps my luckiest. I pulled several events I needed to get past Site 8 relatively unscathed, and even the Mithlond he dropped at 9 (forcing me to add 2 burdens) helped more than it hurt, as I needed some healing badly. I got a couple more events thanks to Robin Smallburrow, and even him dropping a Throne of the Dark Lord and leaving Frodo one burden from corruption wasn’t quite enough. I held on without anyone else dying.

Great game! His deck is fantastic, on both sides. Applause His fellowship was nigh untouchable, and had I been using any RB but Frodo, Resolute Hobbit, I would have almost certainly been corrupted.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion