LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:19 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2Éothain, Éored Rider Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 5
Valiant. Hunter 1. To play, spot a Rohan Man.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert a minion for each other Rohan hunter you can spot (or wound that minion if the fellowship is moving to a plains site).
“‘Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?’”

Yah ok. Never like the regroup moving guys cos it makes them useless for the actual fight you need to survive to move again. He’s balanced but i wouldnt use him, in preference for someone who can actually kill stuff in a skirmish rather than IF i survive one and move!

1Aldred, Éored Rider Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 5
Resistance: 6
Valiant. To play, spot a Rohan Man.
At the start of each skirmish involving Aldred, you may discard a card borne by a minion he is skirmishing.
“‘Did you search the slain?’”

Awesome. Just cool.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:48 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2Éothain, Éored Rider Rohan
Companion • Man
Resistance: 5
Valiant. Hunter 1. To play, spot a Rohan Man.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert a minion for each other Rohan hunter you can spot (or wound that minion if the fellowship is moving to a plains site).
“‘Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?’”

I agree with Lem0n. I wouldn’t use a companion that forces me to move again to get any use out of him. That said, it’s a good ability for moving again, but they’re never going to put a plains site on ahead of you, are they? This is really only useful if you’re behind.

Quote:
1Aldred, Éored Rider Rohan
Companion • Man
Valiant. To play, spot a Rohan Man.
At the start of each skirmish involving Aldred, you may discard a card borne by a minion he is skirmishing.
“‘Did you search the slain?’”

Sweet. You could make him 4 strength with hunter 1 if you wanted... sort of like a super-powered Lorien Elf. Razz
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:00 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I may make a couple changes to Éothain, but until I decide what to do there, here are the first new cards since...well, last year! Razz Enjoy!

2Théodred, Defender of the Fords Rohan
Companion • Man
Signet: Gandalf
Valiant. Hunter 1.
While Théodred is exhausted, each valiant companion is strength +1.
Maneuver: Exert Théodred to make each Orc and Man minion strength -1 until the regroup phase.
“‘Let me lie here–to keep the Fords till Éomer comes!’”

2Théodred, Son of Théoden Rohan
Companion • Man
Signet: Théoden
Valiant.
While you can spot Théoden or 2 Rohan companions, Théodred’s twilight cost is -1.
While you can spot Théoden or Éomer, Théodred gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if you can spot both).
“‘...to his lord dearest and kinsmen most beloved.’”

2Bereg, Éored Warrior Rohan
Companion • Man
Hunter 1.
While skirmishing an Orc or Uruk-hai, Bereg is strength +2 (or +3 if you can spot a Rohan character in the dead pile).
“‘Mordor will pay for this!’”

This is the guy that is with Éomer when he finds the fallen Théodred (in the film, of course). According to scripts, his name is "Bereg", even though that sounds more like a Gondor name. *shrug* Oh well.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:28 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 1.
Maneuver: Exert Théodred to make each Orc and Man minion strength -1 until the regroup phase.

I’d use him mainly for the 7 strength off of 2 cost. But the maneuver ability also hoses swarms, so overall he’s pretty nice. Thumbs Up

Quote:
Companion • Man
Valiant.
While you can spot Théoden or 2 Rohan companions, Théodred’s twilight cost is -1.
While you can spot Théoden or Éomer, Théodred gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if you can spot both).

Cool.

Quote:
Companion • Man
Hunter 1.
While skirmishing an Orc or Uruk-hai, Bereg is strength +2 (or +3 if you can spot a Rohan character in the dead pile).

He’s alright. A little reminiscent of some Dwarves... but whatever. Not sure if I’d use him over other hunters, but he’s okay.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:52 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I may make a couple changes to Éothain, but until I decide what to do there, here are the first new cards since...well, last year! Razz Enjoy!

Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 1.

Nice.

Companion • Man
Valiant.

Very nice. I’d definitely use this guy.

Any ideas for lore for this one?

From Eowyn’s Dirge in the extended version of Towers:
"...His dryhtne dyrest and mæga deorost."
Or, translated from Old Englsih (AKA Rohirric)...
"...To his lord dearest and kinsmen most beloved."

Companion • Man
Hunter 1.
Hmm. Not sure. He’s a bit of a gamble to actually use, but if you made another guy like this that worked against men and one of the two, might be good. Not that he’s bad; I just dunno if I would bother with him over some other 2-cost Rohirrim who would be a bit more versatile.

This is the guy that is with Éomer when he finds the fallen Théodred (in the film, of course). According to scripts, his name is "Bereg", even though that sounds more like a Gondor name. *shrug* Oh well.

*Thinks really hard* Well, it sounds vaguely like Old Norse. Did a Google search and found it was a word in a couple Norwegian websites, so it could actually be a valid Rohirrim name. Or maybe not. It’s definitely Gondorian, too. Bereg probably related to the root of Beregond (which means something-stone.) Wow. About to go into way too much detail here. As if I even knew what I was talking about....

Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:09 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 1.

I think you know what I’m going to say about his hunter bonus, especially given that he’s also valiant and has the best signet in the game. Take out the hunter or increase his cost to 3 with a reduction. I also don’t like the ability much it being too much against Orcs and Men but useless against anyone else. I’d prefer something which fits better into Rohan strategy like exerting him to exert a minion (and maybe 2 minions at a plains site) or something like that.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Man
Valiant.

Nice, so he’s probably fine, although seeing as all Rohan decks use Theoden and Eomer, he effectively becomes a 1/8/3/6 companion with one of the best signets.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Man
Hunter 1.

Really don’t like this one - he’s just as useless as Farin and Fror (though a little more useful, I suppose). Change it to ’While skirmishing a wounded minion...’ and I would have no complaints.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:13 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 1.
maybe or make each valinat companion strength +1?

Companion • Man
Valiant.
cool!
Any ideas for lore for this one?

Companion • Man
Hunter 1.

nice!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:19 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
maybe or make each valinat companion strength +1?

I like this idea better - at least you can depend on it instead of hoping your opponent plays Men or Orcs.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:33 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I tweaked both Théodreds...the first with a twist on SoP and Thran’s suggestion, and the second with lore. Let me know what you think of the changes, and thanks!

Here’s our first NON-unique companion, though he’s certainly a force to be reckoned with. Smile Enjoy!

4Rohirrim Éored Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Hunter 1. To play, spot a Rohan Man.
While at a plains site, Rohirrim Éored is strength +1.
While mounted, Rohirrim Éored is strength +2.
While each companion is mounted, the move limit is +1.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:46 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I tweaked both Théodreds...the first with a twist on SoP and Thran’s suggestion,

I thought that Theodred was powerful before, and now I really think he’s far too much. Make the maneuver ability add the strength to valiant companions or just leave him the way he was (though I still don’t like the hunter bonus or the specific nature of the card - what is it with your Rohan Men and specific race hate by the way?).

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Here’s our first NON-unique companion, though he’s certainly a force to be reckoned with. Smile Enjoy!

Um... this guy is unique.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
4Rohirrim Éored Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Hunter 1. To play, spot a Rohan Man.
While bearing a mount, Rohirrim Éored is strength +1.
While at a plains site, Rohirrim Éored is strength +1.
While each companion is mounted, the move limit is +1.

I’m not so impressed by this card. The last one is good, but I was expecting higher or global bonuses for the first two. I think I’d probably make the first one +2 and the second one make each other Rohan companion strength +1 then up the spotting requirement to 2 or 3 Men and maybe take his strength to 7.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards