LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Kralik
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:40 pm
I like to play Movie Block (sets 1-10) often with my friends. Does anyone think doing a Frodo/Sam/Smeagol is feasible, and, if so, any suggestions? I was thinking of using:

Frodo, Old Bilbo’s Heir + Sting, Baggins Heirloom + Bounders x3-4
Sam, Son of Hamfast for burden removal + A Promise x4
Smeagol, Slinker to compliment Sam and Frodo

and possibly Bilbo, Bearer of Things Burgled to get out hobbit tales., along with Consorting With Wizards. Although that wouldn’t fit into the storyline at all.

Other than that, I would run 4x The Shire Countryside with other cards to remove burdens. Not Listening would be great. Brace of Coneys and such could heal Sam in the fellowship phase for further burden removal. Most of that removal would be to counteract Smeagol/Bilbo. Then maybe some choke.

It seems like I’d have a lot of problems covering the basics, such as liberating sites, discarding Shadow conditions, removing threats (Nine-fingered Frodo, maybe). Also, I think I’d lose most skirmishes, would could be very bad whether I take wounds or not. Any thoughts?
Last edited by Kralik on Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kralik
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:47 pm
Note that none of the cards above were X- or R-listed for Movie Block.
gil-estel
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:42 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
I played a movie block deck with frodo and sam from BoHD. Sam must be trippled, which is good and Frodo is I guess the one that remove a burden eachtime you play a ringbound companion.
I play with smeagol Always helps to exhaust a minion and wound it with DOn’t look at them. Some heal cards, some threat removing cards, 4 times a promise and you’re good to go! It was mainly fun, but I did kick some ass now and then...
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:13 pm
4x The Shire Countryside is a must. Use and abuse! Also consider running Boromir (Son of Denethor?) with Boromir’s Cloak to counter the wayward Saruman’s Snows. I think the usual approach is to load up on Don’t Look at Them, Don’t Follow the Lights, and Not Listening.

Like gil-estel said, Always Helps rocks, too. Hearts Raised and/or NfFatRoD can help remove threats.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion