LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:34 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
I still think you need to just exert sewel which SoP agrees with.

Oh, I thought that was what it said! Very Happy

Yes, I agree with my two esteemed colleagues.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:27 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
hey I’m esteemed now! not just a spammer who happens to hit the nail on the head every now and then Laughing
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:30 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Tweaked the last couple cards a bit. And if ya’ll had paid attention, you would have seen that I already made the change you keep specifying for Sewel days ago! Razz

These may be our last villagers, but even after all the villagers we’ve already posted, these are rather unique. Thran should be happy, if his comments a few days back are any indication. Smile Enjoy!

1 Eastfold Farmer Rohan
Follower
Resistance +1
Villager. Aid – 1.
Each time you transfer this to a companion, except a Rohan companion, exert bearer.
Bearer gains muster.
The farmers and tillers of the grassy plains of Rohan know how to make the most of the sometimes infertile lands.

1 Westfold Rancher Rohan
Follower
Strength +1
Villager. Aid – 2.
To play, spot a Rohan Man.
When you transfer this to a mounted companion, you may heal that companion.
Though the most regal horses are cared for in Edoras, the fine steeds bred and raised elsewhere in the country are treated like royalty as well.

0 Rohirrim Peasant Rohan
Follower
Resistance +1
Villager. Aid – 1.
Other Rohan cards borne by bearer may not be discarded by Shadow cards.
The citizens in Rohan’s many outlying villages were the first to suffer the full might of Saruman’s armies as the Riders slowly mustered their forces.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:54 pm; edited 5 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:42 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Tweaked the last couple cards a bit. And if ya’ll had paid attention, you would have seen that I already made the change you keep specifying for Sewel days ago! Razz

2 Lives That Are At Stake Rohan
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Rohan Man to make him or her strength +2 for each Rohan ally and each Rohan follower in your dead and discard piles (limit +Cool.
“‘Were they not prepared against just such an evil day as this?’”

So you can use this card until you’re wearing sunglasses? Razz

DáinIronfoot wrote:
These may be our last villagers, but even after all the villagers we’ve already posted, these are rather unique. Thran should be happy, if his comments a few days back are any indication. Smile Enjoy!

It wasn’t me! I deny all knowledge! It was that other guy! Very Happy

You should know better by now than to judge me by what I say in reviews! Remember when I wanted a hunter bonus? Laughing

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Eastfold Farmer Rohan
Follower
Resistance +1
Villager. Aid – 1.
Each time you transfer this to a companion, except a Rohan companion, exert bearer twice.
Bearer gains muster.
The farmers and tillers of the grassy plains of Rohan know how to make the most of the sometimes infertile lands.

I think there’s a superfluous comma in there, but otherwise the card is fine.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Westfold Rancher Rohan
Follower
Strength +1
Villager. Aid – 2.
When you transfer this to a companion bearing a Rohan mount, heal that companion.
Though the most regal horses are cared for in Edoras, the fine steeds bred and raised elsewhere in the country are treated like royalty as well.

I think I’d just say ’Mounted companion’ and be done with it (Shadowfax was from Rohan, after all).

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Rohirrim Peasant Rohan
Follower
Vitality +1
Villager. Aid – 2.
The citizens in Rohan’s many outlying villages were the first to suffer the full might of Saruman’s armies as the Riders slowly mustered their forces.

Didn’t you complain just the other day about vitality bonuses on followers? Doesn’t seem great. For Rohan especially, I’d prefer something much more immediate to help me slay things, which is after all what Rohan is about!

Also, wouldn’t mind a Beauty Is Fading from you! Very Happy (just couldn’t resist)

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:04 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1 Eastfold Farmer Rohan
Follower
Resistance +1
Villager. Aid – 1.
Each time you transfer this to a companion, except a Rohan companion, exert bearer twice.
Bearer gains muster.
works.

1 Westfold Rancher Rohan
Follower
Strength +1
Villager. Aid – 2.
When you transfer this to a companion bearing a Rohan mount, heal that companion.
should it be each time you transfer this to a...?

1 Rohirrim Peasant Rohan
Follower
Vitality +1
Villager. Aid – 2.

how would that vitality bonus help?
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:02 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1 Eastfold Farmer Rohan
Follower
Resistance +1
Villager. Aid – 1.
Bearer gains muster.

Hmmm reltively low power not quite sure why the exert twice is required, maybe just once?

1 Westfold Rancher Rohan
Follower
Strength +1
Villager. Aid – 2.
When you transfer this to a mounted companion, heal that companion.

Cool.

1 Rohirrim Peasant Rohan
Follower
Vitality +1
Villager. Aid – 1.

Not a fan seems pointless, balanced but i wouldnt use it.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:39 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I THINK I’m done with villagers, but another idea or two may come to me. If they do, though, they’ll likely be at a later time. The trick is, I’m not sure QUITE what direction to spin off in now. I have a goodly amount of Helm’s Deep stuff, but until we get there...hmmm. Think I guess now’s as a good as any for this card. Consider it a filler of sorts. Smile

0Long Been Friends Rohan
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Rohan Man, you may spot a Man of another Free Peoples culture to remove 1.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to heal X Rohan companions, where X is the number of Gandalf and Green Men you can spot.
“‘...their kinship is rather with the Bardings, the Men of Dale, and with the Beornings of the woods, among whom still may be seen many Men, tall and fair, like the Riders of Rohan.’”

Rohan is a culture that doesn’t overlap the Gandalf Men or Green culture much. By the time Rohan becomes big in my sets, Gandalf Men and Green stuff are all but faded out. There is SOME overlap, since a small piece of Rohan occupies the sets where Gandalf Men and especially Green are biggest: Lasting Alliances and, to a lesser extent, The Road Ahead. But they still don’t really interact.

I don’t intend to make a bunch of cards that FORCE them to work well together, either, but this card helps. It’s inspired mostly by the lore, spoken by Aragorn when describing the Rohirrim to Legolas and Gimli. I found it interesting that Tolkien links the Rohirrim to the Bardings and Beornings, so I figured at least one card was in order.

Question is: is it useful enough to really consider using? My original version worked ONLY with Gandalf and Green, but I tweaked it to make it work with any other Men, mostly with Gondor in mind. Still, is it a decent card? Would YOU ever use it?
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:23 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
)

0Long Been Friends Rohan
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Rohan Man, you may exert a Man of another Free Peoples culture (or spot 2 Gandalf or Green Men) to remove 1.
“‘...their kinship is rather with the Bardings, the Men of Dale, and with the Beornings of the woods, among whom still may be seen many Men, tall and fair, like the Riders of Rohan.’”

Question is: is it useful enough to really consider using? My original version worked ONLY with Gandalf and Green, but I tweaked it to make it work with any other Men, mostly with Gondor in mind. Still, is it a decent card? Would YOU ever use it?

I would simply make it spot a man of another culture to remove 1, or 2 if gandalf or [G}
"DáinIronfoot"
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:09 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
0Long Been Friends Rohan
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Rohan Man, you may exert a Man of another Free Peoples culture (or spot 2 Gandalf or Green Men) to remove 1.

Fair enough, though there’s a lot to say for SoP’s suggestion.

DáinIronfoot wrote:

It’s hard to make one want to make a whole deck about interaction between 2 cultures when only 1 card facilitates it. Even if you just had a few Beornings that liked Rohan, it would work better, or if this card had a very powerful ability. As it is, I might use it in a Gandalf Men deck with a Rohan splash, but to be honest probably not. Make it something that really glues a deck together, something that helps both parties in skirmishes perhaps, or provides Rohan with abilities that they would not otherwise be able to get, though I suppose choke fits into that category.

What are Gandalf and Green Men good at?

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

elf lvr
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:05 pm
I’d second Thran’s thoughts on this card. Would a Rohan/Gandalf men or Rohan/Green men deck really be equally good as pure decks of those cultures? Needs a better "big" tie-in card, plus quite a few little-er cards to help it out.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards