LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Hobbiton Lad
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:43 pm
I was just wondering if any sort of SDA league currently exists? If not, would there be interest in one?

I had a couple ideas about actually running some cash tourneys online and setting up a Ventrilo server so people could talk to each other during matches and detail their actions through voice chat as well as the game interface.

Mostly though, I just wanted to get some discussion going about an organized online environment. Because right now most of what I see is just people posting on forums looking for games, and that seems kinda disjointed to me -- but maybe I’m missing something.

Anyone have thoughts?
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:55 pm
Nah, not officially. We just play for fun.

Welcome to CC, BTW. Well, welcome back, I guess. Oh, and a quick rule of thumb and some hints about the meta. Dwarves rule the meta. Particularly, Dwarf discard. Not fun.

Beatdowns are common, swarms, not so much, nobody runs corruption, and you’re likely to see some creepy deck you never heard of before like STBOOYV (stomp the blood out of your veins, as we christened one of the decks here).

Anyways, a league may be fun, but I like the casual atmosphere. BTW, can you host?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:48 pm
I’d like to see more SDA action going on, even in spite of my inactivity regarding this.

I’m working on a cool deck, so anyone feel free to get beaten, BTW Twisted Evil

Hi, hobbiton lad. *shakes hand*
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
NappyKorn
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:21 pm
I’d be interested but how would we be able to work around the fact that some can’t host? Maybe we can get some kind so server thing going on that has an outside source how the program so other can play off their ability. Anyway let me know how this is going to work if it takes off.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
Kralik
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:32 pm
Without trying to be pushy, I would recommend switching to Lackey instead, since it both gets around the server/hosting problem and supports multiplayer. Configuring port forwarding is not possible for everyone, depending on what network they are using and what firewalls are in place. Of course, my opinion is somewhat biased since I’m currently managing its LotR plugin. Wink My Two Cents
NappyKorn
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:37 pm
I have lackey, but just so use to SdA that I can’t figure it out. Anyone that can walk me through the program hit me up on MSN (ID is nitedawg1980) or AIM (ID Nappykorn). If I could get the thing setup and running right I would give it a try.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
TheJord
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:09 pm
I would love to get in on a league...

No one near me plays LOTR and I am getting rusty. My Knights need to do some killing, as do my besiegers.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
Celebrimbor
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:17 pm
There is an official SDA site, where people can form "clans" and compete against each other:

http://lotr.winnieinternet.com/

currently it looks like the site is down.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion