LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
TheHobbit13
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:49 pm
i how do ibeet a smeagol farimmir choke deck..? i guess go for a freeps win but.. its kinda difficult when paired with ninja gollum. it is very! hard to double move.

any advice? the few if any minions i get out get wated by smeagol. And gollum just owns. I mean archery would give it a problem but.. theres Enduring shelob..

my 2 decks are elvents/sauron wounding and Dwarves/ troll beatdown

which would be the best if neither what do you think coulkd beet this amazing deck..
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
Celebrimbor
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:41 pm
mm’s automatic corruption should utterly take it down.

Or, a shadow that massively discards conditions, e.g. Saruman’s Power.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:16 pm
Dwarves have great removal in the form of Blood Runs Chill. Run 3-4 copies, as well as Proud and Able, and make sure you stick Ring of Fury on Gimli. Also Armor of Khazad and Gimli’s Helm can put a damper on threat-induced wounds.

Elves get crazy with Namarie. Barring that, since you’re running Elvents, they have quite a selection of event-based removal. May I suggest Seclusion or Lothlorien Guides, with possible recursion from Elrond WtH?

You could also splash Gandalf and run Grown Suddenly Tall or Sleep, Caradhras.

If all else fails, stock Clever Hobbits x4.

For your shadow, IMO Troll beatdown is largely impervious to choke, and Gollum/Gondor doesn’t exactly discard Sauron Grind conditions that well. Do you have a decklist or two you can post? Either that or what Celebrimbor said, Isengard tends to be weak (IMO), but then Saruman’s Power comes along and blows everything up. Or resurrect Moria archery.
TheHobbit13
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:55 pm
sweet! thanks ! i will post a deck list soon the problem is i don’t have alot of the good cards
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
NBarden
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:25 am
Moria archer would be a problem vs this deck, seeing as how it can swarm dirt cheap and recursion = lot of arrows over and over.

I recommend a Saruman’s Power/Grown Suddenly Tall deck. It would die.

Or would, if not for Deceit. As is, it should still hurt pretty bad.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:45 pm
1 Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom
1 The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

1 Gandalf, Leader of Men (starting)
1 Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath (starting)
4 Radagast, The Brown
1 Barliman Butterbur, Prancing Pony Proprietor
4 Clever Hobbits
4 Grown Suddenly Tall
4 Intimidate
4 Lothlorien Guides
3 Out of the High Airs
4 Seclusion

2 Archer Commander
4 Goblin Bowman
4 Goblin Marksman
1 Gothmog, Morgul Leader
4 Moria Archer Troop
1 Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul
4 Goblin Scimitar
4 Goblin Armory
1 Goblin Swarms
1 Relics of Moria
2 They Are Coming
2 Host of Thousands

Ta-da! 16 condition removal cards, 4 wound prevention, triple-move capability to minimize your opponent’s setup time, and a Moria pairing to increase cycling. However if you have the misfortune not to play Ninja Gollum, that would be 16 potentially dead cards, 4 delay-the-inevitable cards, and triple-move capability so you can go out in a blaze of glory. Eh, nothing’s perfect.

(So I’m kidding about the Free Peoples side, but the Shadow is actually one I use. Wink)
menace64
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:54 pm
I would recommend a freakin’ spell-check or proof-read of your posts. Jeez. I couldn’t even finish reading... gah.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:19 am
menace64 wrote:
I would recommend a freakin’ spell-check or proof-read of your posts. Jeez. I couldn’t even finish reading... gah.

I know its weird, but he says he has some kind of problem or illness or something that prevents him from being able to type normally. Think

Though a spell check doesnt require a degree to use...
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
menace64
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:33 am
Well if that’s the case I apologize fully. I know what it’s like being limited by your body. But it’s just a long-standing stereotype of youngsters to be slack with grammar/spelling/punctuation/fluidity/structure/voice/English.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
NBarden
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:51 pm
I recommend an Open Format Elvent (Lady Redeemed)/Moria Archer Swarm.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion