LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Kralik
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:13 pm
Hobbit_Pizza wrote:
I took the text file listed above, then used a program called URL2FILE to download them all. I had to modify the text file for use with the program, but it downloaded them all. I even used the text file to determine what name to save them all as. Worked great.

Nifty. Have a GP Seems like it would be fairly easy to write a batch file to download ALL of the images and rename them appropriately, even with the various naming conventions. I wouldn’t want to host it on the Lackey site (since it’s a "competing" program and not really my webspace) or my own website (since it’s too obviously leeching images), but if someone else could host it, it might be doable. I could redownload SdA and get the image filenames it uses from its SdA.xml.

Though I still think Lackey’s better. Wink
Celebrimbor
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:26 pm
Thanks kralik for the help there. I like working with batch scripts.

As for your complete lotr tcg card database, I will return and keep looking there.

Thanks!
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Kralik
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:31 pm
No problem. Anyone want me to write a batch script to grab all the images for SdA who is able to host it?
Celebrimbor
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:44 pm
If you’re talking about ripping all the images off your site into one big consolidated zip file for offline use, I wouldn’t recommend it.

What I’m working on is altering the XML file to read all the images off your database. It isn’t too hard, it’s just a matter of find/replace for 4,000 cards.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Kralik
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:59 pm
Celebrimbor wrote:
If you’re talking about ripping all the images off your site into one big consolidated zip file for offline use, I wouldn’t recommend it.

What I’m working on is altering the XML file to read all the images off your database. It isn’t too hard, it’s just a matter of find/replace for 4,000 cards.

Actually, I was thinking of writing a batch file to both

a) Download the images, and
b) Rename them so they fit SdA’s XML

It seems that may be the easiest way to go.
Were you going to modify the XML to redistribute, or just for yourself?
Celebrimbor
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:46 pm
As of now, the SdA.xml file accesses the images directly from the decipher fanhq sites (for some reason, another site is in the file, also)

Here’s what it looks like (the url, at least):

Code:
http://decipher.fanhq.com/Resources/CardImages/LOTR17011.jpg

I just want to edit the xml file so that there are no errors in the url’s (which there are, like 5 of them), and also to access your database instead of D’s.

Why? if D decides to wipe out all their card images...we have something to use.

BTW how much hard drive space do all the card images collectively take up? just curious.
My Trading List
NBarden
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:28 pm
Messing with the XML will cause the game to crash. I wouldn’t mess around with it.

Although I’ve been told correcting image links ONLY may be okay...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Kralik
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:36 pm
Celebrimbor wrote:
I just want to edit the xml file so that there are no errors in the url’s (which there are, like 5 of them), and also to access your database instead of D’s.

Why? if D decides to wipe out all their card images...we have something to use.

BTW how much hard drive space do all the card images collectively take up? just curious.

Well, besides 5 (or so) errors, you also have many missing pictures, such as many T&D cards. I finally have those now thanks to Shieldmaiden.

What method are you using to rewrite the database? Doing it by hand would be extremely tedious. It would be much better if you could write a script to do it for you. Or, maybe I could write a script to convert the Lackey database into the SdA.xml (I use a script to generate the 3000+ pages of my website). However, I think if it’s easy enough to modify the original SdA.xml, that would be better, because the Lackey database still has many errors and typos that I’m trying to track down. I presume SdA is better.

The total download is about 270MB for full-quality images, less if you used scaled-down versions.

NBarden wrote:

Messing with the XML will cause the game to crash. I wouldn’t mess around with it.

Although I’ve been told correcting image links ONLY may be okay...

There is no reason that changing the XML in itself would case the game to crash as long as you keep the correct format. However, if you’re playing with someone with a different XML than you then you’d have trouble. That’s why I was wondering what Celebrimbor was planning to do with the XML after working on it. Redistribute it? Repackage the SdA zip? Are the original authors available for comments on the licensing (or lack thereof) of SdA?
Celebrimbor
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:51 pm
Actually, editing the SDA xml is completely safe. And I probably won’t edit most of it by hand, I can replace each of the 8,000 card url’s with one command from Microsoft Word, and/or wordpad...

I’ll get it done, upload it and give a link to it for anyone who wants to test it to download it.

Really there’s no risk involved. I just change the urls in the file to access kralik’s database, instead.

Anyone want to give it a try, once I get it finished?
My Trading List
Kralik
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:02 pm
Celebrimbor wrote:
Actually, editing the SDA xml is completely safe. And I probably won’t edit most of it by hand, I can replace each of the 8,000 card url’s with one command from Microsoft Word, and/or wordpad...

Yes, a simple find a replace will do wonders, but...

When I said it would be tedious I was referring to the images that you would HAVE to edit by hand. Many of the early sets (1-3, or maybe 1-6?) have a completely different naming scheme which consists of the card number + its title, for example,

http://www.decipher.com/lordoftherings/cardlists/fellowship/images/43farseeingeyes.jpg

You’d have to rename it to LOTR01043.jpg. Quite a few to do by hand...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion