LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Gillian
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:46 am
Gil-estels Ringbound Hobbits with Smeagol ringbarer & Nazgul coruption against mine Gandalf culture Saved from the fire & forest Nazgul.

We both bided 1, he got lucky on coin, and chose me to go first.
Started with Isildur, Gandalf and Jarnsmid, and got fantastic hand with 2 saved from the fire, allatar, Leaflock, Gandalf staff with muster, moving this way, nellya...
I thought I will lose very quickly when he played Enqueua Toto, sense of obligation, and my Jarnsmid ended in death pile because of Saved from the fire. I’ve got lucky, because he didn’t have Between Nazgul and prey. I’ve got none burdens, and I stopped.
Shadow was clasic, nellya -> forest -> moving this way as much as possible.
He stayed. I burned Leaflock with saved, and took Glamdring that removes burden, Pallando, and of course Travelled leader. Gave him lot of twilight again.
He had Enquea Toto, and BNAP this time, but traveled leader<->cavern entarance combo prevented adding burdens from Enquea, so I’ve got only 2 burdens in region 1, and 2 Enqueuas were in discard.
Rest of game was simple. On freepeople side he gave me some more burdens, but I removed more with Glamdring and discarded Sense of obligation.
Shadow side didn’t have any problems after 2 saved from the fire, and mooving this way as much as possible. With traveled leader and nellya there was no problem to put much forest sites.
Game ended at site 7. There was 6 forest sites, 4 lost in the woods, and 5 minions on 4 companions. Game crashed, but only question was "Will ringbarer die or get corupted?"
TheJord
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:18 am
Nbarden’s Gondor/Gandalf and Bouncing Pippin/Corsairs (with surprises)

vs

My 3 Hunters and Bouncing Pippin/Moria Annoyance

We both bid 0, I won the coin toss and went first, used East Wall of Rohan to pull Thorongil (I didnt want to take any burdens as I had Faramir, BoQ with Ring of Doom). I moved and NB played nothing, which is a sign of a classic NB bluff. I risked it, awaited the worst but he just played a few possessions to his support area.

He moved to the Pony, and stayed. I played some weak minions which got massacred, but I had 2 Goblin Armoury by site 3.

I was lucky in this game as he didnt get a Marauder until site 7 to rid me of Gorn’s Bow, and I kept killing all his minions (at the end he showed me the 2 Fierce in Despair he was holding). Namarie was pointless, he kept removing tokens with Freebooter anyway.

One of his surprises was when Mauhur hit the table, or the Pippin Assassin as he is better known. Fortunately Aragorn threw a few threats at him.

My minions merely pestered him, didnt actually do any damage, although I love Moria’s ability to play 6 minions with only 2 in your hand and 8 twilight. I think only the Balrog got to skirmish and he got dropkicked by Pippin. They couldn’t survive his crazy Gorn Bow threat combo that healed everything anyway.

I won, but only because I got to go first, as both our Free People’s were not dying.

Now we shall design decks to kill each others FP’s!
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
donimator
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:57 am
Hello,
Have some time to get back into LotR and want to give SDA a whirl. I have 3.1, but is there a link anywhere to an updated XML file (my most recent is dated 3/9/2007)?

I’ve played with the software a bit but have only done one game. Anyone want to break a noob in? I haven’t tried hosting so I don’t know if my firewall messes things up.

How many active players visit here? Do you guys play games fairly regularily? Help me get up to speed (or at least trailing in your dust).
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting beside you saying, "Man, we screwed up!"
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:08 am
If you can wait till early afternoon (1-2 EST or so), I’d be glad to be you a quick tutorial. Thumbs Up Games are played fairly regularly, with anywhere from 1 to 4 results being posted per day. The most active players, in my estimation, are NB, Maiden, and gil-estel.

Don’t have any ideas about a link for the new XML file, though. Sad
I had to put something here.
gizlivadi
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:41 pm
Joined: 07 Jul 2007 Posts: 110 Location: how to keep a stupid busy? (read my signature)
thanks! AP!

so, i have to pm someone my ip address, and that person gives me their’s to play, right?
how to keep a stupid busy? (read my location)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:46 pm
No. Only one IP address is needed. If you can host, then PM someone your address, and they connect to you. If you can’t host, then someone will PM you their address and you connect to them. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
Kralik
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:55 pm
donimator wrote:
Hello,
Have some time to get back into LotR and want to give SDA a whirl. I have 3.1, but is there a link anywhere to an updated XML file (my most recent is dated 3/9/2007)?

http://br.geocities.com/sdalord/
Gillian
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:47 pm
Anyone with host ability interested in game?
gillian-lotr@hotmail.com
gizlivadi
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:47 pm
Joined: 07 Jul 2007 Posts: 110 Location: how to keep a stupid busy? (read my signature)
hey guys im for a game, anyone wants?
gizlivadi
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:53 pm
dude i need an explanation: i tried to host gillian, but he couldnt connect by a mysterious reason, i made sda an exception in my firewall bu still he couldnt connect, i need help!!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion