LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

71%
  [ 5 ]  71%

14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 7
bobtheorc
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:16 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I felt that both your conclusion and ending were sorta weak. ALSO it may have been good to mention other types of decks that his deck would work against.
Personally I don’t think Men swarm is as good as [isengards] or [orc].
You get a 3.
Also I feel that it was too short but again that is my preference.
I alsop don’t like articles that are too long.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
fingolfin
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:35 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
This is not exactly a swarm, weaker on the swarm stronger on the stay alive side.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:01 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
That was way too short of an article. In the start, it looked pretty good, but it just faded towards the end. There were inconsistencies in the grammar, which were a little distracting, as well. You should also explain some of your card choices. Swarthy Bree-Lander, for example. Why him?

There’s one big problem I have with the strategy. Actually, two. As has already been mentioned, Harmless is a condition that can be discarded. So can Driven from the Plains. Those conditions make up the bulk of your deck, so you’ve got problems if they’re discarded. It’s like a deck that relies on Goblin Swarms to swarm an opponent. Every good Moria swarm player has other ways to swarm.

The other problem I have is twilight. I think you mentioned "Swarm" in your article. Nice, but I don’t see a whole lotta swarm in your deck. Your minions have prohibitive twilight costs. The Mouth of Sauron, Messenger of Mordor is your focus minion, but he costs 3. So does Swarthy Bree-lander. The card with the lowest twilight cost is Rampaging Easterling, and there’s only two copies of him in the deck. All the rest cost 4, 5, or even 6. You can’t get that much twilight out until much, much later, and that clogs your hand.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:06 pm
I’m sorry but i didn’t like your deck much. These other people are right, any decent gondor or gandalf deck would slaughter you. My elves could do it too.... My friend plays a much better deck with Last Days and Straglers that kills me every time. Look into that.
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:50 pm
swarthy bree lander seems kinda worthless to me, but ive never played this deck so i could be wrong, just my opinion, y is it in there?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest