LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
gil-estel
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:21 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Lost to the goblins did it twice so far!

Ok last year I wrote an article about Lost to the Goblins. I wanted to make another deck with it, with new cards. What better cards then Gloin, son of Groin and Moving This Way!

Fellowship:

Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
Ring of Rings
Gloin, Son of Groin
Durin III, Dwarven Lord

Dwarven Warrior 3x
No Pauses, No Spills 4x
Awkward Moment 4x
Axe of Khazad-dum 4x
Till Durin Wakes Again 2x
Mountain Homestead 4x
Thorin’s Harp 3x
Stout and Strong 2x
Proud and Able
Dain Ironfoot, King under the Mountain 2x

Shadow:

Lost to the Goblins 4x
Moving this Way 4x
Captured by the Ring 3x
Gollum, Dad
Host of Moria
Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul 2x
Lemenya, 5th of the nine riders 4x
Nelya, third of the nine riders 4x
Nertea, Dark Horseman 3x
Otsea, 7th of the nine riders
Goblin Runner 3x

Strategy:

For those who do not know how Lost to the Goblins work, here’s a summary: play 3 orcs, Gollum, make the ringbearer exert and play 4x Lost to the Goblins. That way the top 12 cards are discarded and for each shadow card discarded the Freeps must add a burden. With a well filtered deck, 12 burdens are the consequenses!
Gloin makes this deck happy. If he wins, which shouldn’t be to hard on a mountainsite, draw 3 cards and stack 3 shadow cards back underneath your deck. That way all freeps cards should have been filtered out of the deck and you’re setting up the bomb.
Moving This Way makes you put Nazguls underneath you deck, so on both ways you’re working on it. Stout and Strong helps you to win with Gloin as well, the Warriors are annoying and they have their use. You can exert them to gain mountain -I have this deck paired with undergrounds, for maximum healing with Till Durin Wakes Again- and be cannonfodder when needed. Well let me know. It has won two games so far, running against very tough shadows...NG. They made Gloin out of battle, so that stinks!
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:45 pm
That. Deck. Sucks. Razz

0 wounds at site 7, and then a RB overwhelm and 11 burdens added in one single turn. Shocked
I had to put something here.
gil-estel
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:26 am
why don’t other people respond to this deck? If they are wondering whether it is decend, we could give it a shot. Twisted Evil
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
NappyKorn
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:29 am
I would reply, but I to think that deck sucks Laughing . I played it and met the samefate as AP. The best way to bet it is to run, but that is scary to do when you play nothing and the double move already had tons of twilight ready for it. It is a cool deck, but will take some time before I want to see it again Very Happy
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
micah247
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:43 am
Umm.... Yeah.... Uh, I hope you don’t tell my friend about that deck!
NBarden
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:57 am
Limit 3? How do you get the 4 copies to draw right?

The Freeps is tossing out a LOT of twilight. Maybe try to tone it down?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
gil-estel
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:18 pm
you cycle a lot! I faced two very tough shadows, very well built NG and even then I was able to make it happen. I’m thinking of another fellowship with Frodo, Gimli, Feared Axeman, Gloin and Smeagol in the starting. That way more cards are out of the deck. Use Smeagol to manipulate the sitepath so winning is still guarenteed. At least Gloin should win. Put twelve shadowcards underneath your deck, then put everything underneath your deck. Than you just wait for The Hand Twisted Evil 4xLttG, Host of Moria, Goblin Runner and either CbtR or Gollum himself.
The weakness of this deck is an exhausted ringbearer, so Gollum can’t do his thing and LttG is useless. Discarding is also a tough matchup. Keycards gone means the bomb is useless. Other than that, it is a cool deck, especially because in relation to the deck I posted in my article, this fellowship can survive...a lot!
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
micah247
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:27 pm
If you are worried about the exausted ring bearer, a nice card to check out would be dark temtation.
gil-estel
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:33 pm
good thought!
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:42 pm
Maybe run Gimli, Dwarf of Erebor and They Are Coming for added cycling. Also Mithril Shaft works wonders grabbing what you need, especially when linked with Ring of Guile. That’s maybe 10 cards off the top right there.

Nice deck, gil-estel. Makes me want to try it.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded