LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:22 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I was wondering with the cards deep in Thought does it amoutically discard all conditions or does there have to be 4 twilight already in the pool or does the cost of the card automatically add the twilight too discard the conditions?

also could somebody tell me what gencon is and what happens at it?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bobtheorc
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:29 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I can answer the gencon question but not the gameplay.
Ask bibfortunau or merrickhale about that.

Merrick_Hale wrote:

www.gencon.com/2006/indy
Gencon is a gaming convention that takes place in Indianapolis in August every year. Game companies from all over the US and world show up to tout their latest and greatest products and get people excited about their games. Anybody in the US can come, but it does cost $65 (pre registration) or $75 at the door to get in for the four day convention. There are also lots of events and tournaments each year. For the past few years, Gencon Indy has been the home of Deciphercon and where the World Championship for Lord of the Rings, Star Trek and Star Wars games by Decipher have been Held. This will be my third year to go.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:35 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
thanks
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:44 pm
To play Deep in Thought, 4 twilight tokens must already be in the twilight pool. After you play it, 8 twilight will be in the twilight pool.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:54 pm
when a card says discard all conditions, does it discard all conditions or just the active ones? like the person who played it’s freeps conditions and the opps shadow conditions or everything, active or not?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:05 pm
Just the active ones. So if Player 1 is the Free Peoples player and he plays a card that discards all conditions, it will discard Player 1’s Free People conditions and everyone else’s Shadow conditions.

Deep in Thought only discards Shadow conditions though. Cool
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:15 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Deep in Thought only discards Shadow conditions though.
That is what made the card so powerful and why it has the drawback of adding 4 twilight and requiring 4 twilight already in the pool to play it. With that much twilight in the pool, you likely weren’t going to move again, but it had the tendency to completely destroy some shadows.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:50 am
Merrick_Hale wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Deep in Thought only discards Shadow conditions though.
That is what made the card so powerful and why it has the drawback of adding 4 twilight and requiring 4 twilight already in the pool to play it. With that much twilight in the pool, you likely weren’t going to move again, but it had the tendency to completely destroy some shadows.
\

thanks this solves a dispute i had.
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions