LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
12%
  [ 1 ]  12%

25%
  [ 2 ]  25%

37%
  [ 3 ]  37%

25%
  [ 2 ]  25%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 8
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:27 pm
erm... ghostway is 2W. Anyways, as I’ve said and will continue to tell Osion in person, utopia sprawls would be a good addition, maybe two or three, in case he doesn’t draw a birds of paradise.
Memnarch Mastermind
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:13 pm
Ghostway is 2W, but not with the Arbiter. I really love this card so I know how much it costs, but thanks for the tip anyway Laughing .

Yea, it seems good adding some Utopia Sprawl. It’ll accelerate the deck to the max and compensate any lack of color.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:31 pm
But... Sad if you cast arbiter and tap out then you leave yourself vulnerable to them killing it.
KillerKiku
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:34 pm
Hello!

I am new here but not unexperienced with mtg. Sorry, but you play such a terrible deck? I dont think you have played this one for sure, have you?

When you come to play hokori(SUCKS) and augustin(GOOD) you will see that there is so much to stop you that you never come to get your goal.

To accelerate it enough you have to leave standart and power up your deck but then it’ll be useless. Sorry...

Next time Cool
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:02 pm
Actually, this isn’t half so bad as it seems on paper... I suggest you test it out, because I’m sure you haven’t actually played it either.

I’m not saying this will or was designed to win tournaments, but it’s a solid casual deck witha creative lock.
Ilvaldi
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:26 pm
agree with Grail
Osion
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:33 am
To KillerKiku--

Saying I play a terrible deck is fine, but when your only backing argument is that Hokori SUCKS (in all caps) is where your comment loses credibility.

Plenty of standard decks exist without the power of extended acceleration. Yes, decks get better in extended. That’s a given. Any deck can get better with cards like Chrome Mox. Saying I have a weak standard deck because its lacking speed and can be "powered up" is really a weak argument. Care to explain your words?

My deck curves out at four mana. When things are said and done, I have a playset of Birds of Paradise, 3 Signets, Grand Arbiter to lower my costs, and 2-mana counters to back them up.

When has 4 mana been too slow?

If you are worrying about the fact that I play something like Arbiter and it gets blown up by, say, Mortify, I have to say this:

My deck is the control build. If they are using resources from an Aggro deck (Ghost Husk or Zoo, for example) to try to control me, instead of play creatures or burn, then I have a tremendous tempo advantage.

So respond, and prove my deck is slow, instead of blaming a card for sucking and signing off without content.
T2_Fr33K
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:48 am
This doesn’t look to be stable enough- they kill hokori or augustin or prison and I don’t think you can actually lock them out. 4 copies of important cards is a must.
ure_d_best
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:45 am
I see that your deck will be more of slowing your opponent down, with hokori, grand arbiter and prison. However, I think the deck is lacking some kill cards and will be tough to kill your opponent. I see that you only have Loxodon Hierarch and this may not be enough. Your other creatures are vulnerable to Seal of Fire, Shock or Last Gasp and this will sure slow you down instead of you doing it to them.

Possibly add in Keiga, the tide star or Yosei, the morning star. Another option you may check is Azorius Herald, it gives you 4 life and unblockable creature.

Let me know what you think?
BrianBoitano
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:50 pm
Love it! Truly a throwback to the days of Winter Orb-related control. Nice synergy among your spells and such. Good deck!

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest