LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:40 pm
Rule of four was introduced in the first CRD to the game when only fellowship of the ring was out. People were drawing 3 to 4 cards per turn with Elrond Lord of Rivendell then using delving to draw another three more, discarding unnecessary free people’s cards to cycle with Ottar Man of laketown, and then stacking shadow cards under the deck with Gimli Dwarf of Erebor (before he was erratad to requiring fewer than 2 in the pool to use the ability) to get a completely filtered shadow deck and a perfect hand for a site four shadow kill.

The Book of Mazarbul came out after the rule of four was invented, but it did provide a way for a dwarf fellowship to draw cards consistently making the exertions from Delving unnecessary.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
michael knight
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:15 pm
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
if there was no rule of 4, birthday present would be ridiculous in a hobbit deck.
One Man Can Make A Difference
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:01 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
gondor super con. discard(impossibel but would be nice).
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:05 pm
Non-unique Nazgul minions.
I had to put something here.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:41 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Non-unique Nazgul minions.

Black Rider, man! Very Happy
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:46 pm
I was thinking the same thing AC... Fortunatly there is only one non-unique Nazgul minion.

A nightmare deck for me would be a return of massive twilight choke... Now that there is no anti-choke shadow (Moria of old comes to mind) it would be insanely difficult to beat that strategy.
Last edited by Merrick_Hale on Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:54 pm; edited 2 times in totalAaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:09 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Massive twilight choke on SDA...now I’d love to see that.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:21 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
hobbit archery.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:48 am
Dwarven archery.
I had to put something here.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:56 am
Merrick_Hale wrote:
A nightmare deck for me would be a return of massive twilight choke... Now that there is no anti-choke shadow (Moria of old comes to mind) it would be insanely difficult to beat that strategy.

Agreed. Although it definitely is harder to choke in Standard now, because you can only subtract 3 at most from the Shadow number of each site.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion