LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
ingold55
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:25 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Sites
West wall
Uruk camp
Wold of Rohan
White rocks
Hornburg Courtyard
Great Hall
Hornburg Wall
Valleys of Saruman

Starting fellowship

The one Ring The Binding Ring
Frodo RH
Ingold
Aragorn DbN
Turgon MoB
Alcarin WoL

Companions

Frodo RH
Aragorn DbN
Gandalf TWW
Ingold
Turgon MoB
Alcarin WoL

Possessions/artifacts
Sting x1
Mithril coat x1
Anduril KB x1
Knight’s spear x2
Gondor Bow x1
Bow of Minas Tirith x1
Knife of the galadrihim x1
Ring of Barahir x1
Great Shield x1
Armor of the Citadel x2
Knight’s mount x1
Sleep Cradras x2

Conditions/fortifications
Kept Safe x1
Seventh level x1
Fifth level x3
Fourth level x3
Citadel of the Stars x1
City Wall x3
Sixth level x1
Stone Tower x1
Garrison of Osgiliath x1
Banner of the Westernessex1

Minions

Southron Captain x2
Southron Marksmen x1
Southron Conqueror x2
Desert Fighter x2
Southron Invaders x2
Southron Archer Legion x3
Southron Intruder x2
Southron Troop x1
Desert Warrior x1
Southron commander x1

Possession

Mumak x4
Raider Bow x6

Events

Rapid Fire x2
New Fear x2
War Towers x2
Red wrath x2
Whiling strike x1
Seasoned Leader x1

Fellowship:
This is simple. Use the fortifications to take down strength and health. Ring of Barahir and Banner of Westernesse to heal. Sleep Caradras to get rid of conditions. Aragorn to keep threats off. Place Anduril, Knife of the Galadrihim, Bow of Minas Tirith, and Armor of the Citadel on Aragorn.
Knight’s spear, Gondor Bow, Knight’s mount on Alcarin.
This deck’s weakness is corruption so if you have any ideas on how to help me please tell me.

Minions
I thought it would be awesome to have an archer deck, so I created one. Use archery to knock out companions all through sites, but save up and blast your opponent at the last few sites. Use Southron Invaders to recycle minions from your discards pile into play, and now fear to add burdens.
ingold55
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:18 pm
there is a flaw in this deck. sorry. Laughing take out 2 raider bows since you can only have 4 and add in 2 more red wrath.
joseph_c_chua
Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:27 am
Just a reminder, your starting fellowship should only have a total twilight cost of 4.
As for the deck itself, I would recommend that you add 3 more gondor bows, add one more fourth level and some more sixth level--the bows and 4th level can kill most minions, and having more sixth levels in play would ensure that all your 4th levels can be fetched from the discard pile and are ready in case of a double move. Take out Kept Safe since that only works for unbound hobbits, and take out the Great Shield, since I don't think -1 archery would help much. Consider adding Boromir, Hero of Osgiliath; when equipped with Banner of Westernesse, he provides much needed healing. If you have the Isildur ring-bearer, use him instead of Frodo. If you stick with Frodo, you can add in some Nine-Fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom for burden removal. Oh, and use Fool's Hope instead of Sleep Caradhras, since Sleep would be dangerous for your strategy. A better option for condition removal would be removing the Gandalf stuff, and replacing them with Pallando (although he is a bit hard to acquire). Using Catapult would provide some form of condition/possession/minion removal, but it is somewhat risky.
ingold55
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:13 pm
well acctually, kept safe is in there so ring of barahir can be used on frodo. Smile
i thought about catapult, and i might still add it, but i didn't like the fact of discarding cards. isildur? hmm. i don't like the resistence he has. plus i dont like the burden adding when you asign him. gondor bow, i hadn't thought of that. that is a great idea!

thanks!

ingold Cool
Legolas Elf-Prince
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:39 pm
sweet deck, but for burdens throw in an Elf and Elf-Song and maybe lightfootedness too
ingold55
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:56 pm
actually Legolas, i want to have burden removal, but i wouldn't add another culture to it. i would add Brace of Coneys. after looking over my deck again, i decided to rebuild it abit in certain areas. so i'll edit my good guy side later.
Legolas Elf-Prince
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:59 pm
i stil think an elf would be cool, like maybe Lorien Elf or Lorien Swordsman cheap but good

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats