LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
michael knight
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:58 pm
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
Yeah, I love the evil man archery. The sites are important too. Anduin Banks, Crags of Emyn Muil, Neeker Breeker’s bog can be good...but it can hurt a bit if you can’t drop the resistance down. Wetemnent Village is good times if people play with allies.
One Man Can Make A Difference
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:25 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
cause gandalf costs four...

and frodo’s cloak works to remove burdens and heal frodo. i add burdens with followers and exert frodo with his game text. also, with Shire Countryside, i can heal another companion when i remove burdens.

whoops my bad I mistook him for gandalf leader fo men Embarassed
I guess it could work well.

umm why no bilbo aged ringbeaere you are going to need him with those burdens from the folowers
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:36 am
well, first of all, I don’t have him...

secondly I don’t want another companion to worry about and shire countryside doesn’t work when I use a hobbit’s game text to remove burdens...
Sup3rZ3ro
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:55 pm
Regarding your Evil men archery deck.
It looks quite rough and it can surely deal out some wounds during the archery phase. In my opinion it is a little diluted though.

I think that you have too many different strategies represented in the deck. Some cutting and slicing would do wonders:

Quote:
Minions:

Grima, Betrayer of Rohan (Take him out. You won’t be winning any skirmishes so his ability won’t trigger very often -1)
Archer of Harad x3
Crazed Hillman x2 (There is no way to make this minion surive until the fierce skirmish -3)
Crooked Townsman x2 (You will most likely not be swarming the opponents fellowship. The only purpose he serves is to be equipped with a bow -5)
Southron Murderer x 3
Easterling Standard-Bearer x2 (Instead of focusing on winning skirmishes you should focus on finishing off the opponent in the archery phase -7)
Fletcher of Harad
The Mouth of Sauron, Messenger of Mordor x2
Corsair Champion
Voice of the Desert, Southron Troop x2
Legion of Harad x3 (This minion could be replaced with something more efficient -10)

conditions:

Howdah x3
Caravan From the South x3
Countless Companies

Possessions:

Long Battle Bow x3
Pavise x3

Events:

Elevated Fire x3

You should add:

Grima, Footman of saruman x2 (If played at the right time he can cause a lot of trouble -8)
Howdah (-7)
The Mouth of Sauron, Messenger of Mordor x2 (to set up quickly -5)
Rapid Reload x2 (-3)
Presision Targeting x3 (Essential card to eliminate key companions 0)

There could be made more changes in order for the deck to work smoothly. But that is it for now:D Hope it helps
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:31 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
elf lvr wrote:

secondly I don’t want another companion to worry about and shire countryside doesn’t work when I use a hobbit’s game text to remove burdens...

Another companion to worry about? You’re kind of slim on the companion count already, especially because Rosie Cotton is one of your companions. She’ll pile on those burdens really fast.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:10 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
You’re kind of slim on the companion count already, especially because Rosie Cotton is one of your companions. She’ll pile on those burdens really fast.
This is the ally version of Rosie from Fellowship block. She makes Sam Str+1 and heals him in the fellowship phase.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:12 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Oh, whoops.

Wow, then I really encourage you to get more companions in there ASAP! You think you can make it by with three companions? I’d throw in Merry and Pip, at least.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:49 pm
well, if i can find the room... but of course your right the deck’s biggest problem is swarming. what version of pippin, and merry for that matter, should I use? I don’t know. I could always order some of the new ones, but i don’t have a million dollars and I placed a HUGE order a little while ago.
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:30 am
okay. i placed another order just yesterday. i am getting some merrys, some pippns and some bilbos with a few other cards... Wink i hope to post the new and improved decklist soon. but one more question. Do you think I should use everyone knows? it works even better now with little golden flower.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:55 pm
If i put in bilbo, merry, and pip should i take out gandalf? i tried the deck like this and it did okay... but with a few new cards, i’ll admit... and pippin could almost overwhelm sauron! (go frodo gamgee!)
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open