LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

54%
  [ 6 ]  54%

9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

Total Votes : 11
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:30 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
actually, CG is sort of right. not quite sure if that combo is ’instant death to any A-R’ but most rings can only be put on during maneuver or skirmish. Even the common says ’each time the ring-bearer is about to take a wound in a skirmish’ even though it is a response action. I think ring of rings is the only ring you can put on during shadow, and you can’t put any ring on during regroup.

no isildurs bane is also a response ring also that is only 3 wounds on the ringbeaerer you need another one.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:33 am
your right. my bad. Embarassed but do you know anyone who uses an ar-b that uses isildur’s bane? also, it is rotated out now, and if your playing standard... but still ring of rings is a problem for that strategy. And the reflections ring adds to vitality, also...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
orian
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:37 am
elf lvr wrote:
. And the reflections ring adds to vitality, also...

except for the ruling ring and the one ring, such a weight to carry, all rings either give vitality or you can wear them in shadow phase

that makes: 5 rings against 2 lol
and the 2 most played are among the 5
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:40 am
wow. you’re right. hah hah hah. sorry, CG.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Pipeweed
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:13 am
Still, Ninja Gollum is a killer deck, even with the vitality rings. Include 4 Little Snuffler, and bam! They’re dead with DaD
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:44 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
sickofpalantirs wrote:
can someone please tell me who won the article contest adn who got second?

I know sup3zro won but who got second?

I did Very Happy
It’s so handy having those email notices...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
orian
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:09 pm
Pipeweed wrote:
Still, Ninja Gollum is a killer deck, even with the vitality rings. Include 4 Little Snuffler, and bam! They’re dead with DaD

yeah, include 4snufflers and dedicate all your deck to place it in region1

if your opponent plays ring or rings, or doesn’t give enough points, or whatever, your deck doesn’t do anything else and your game is lost

you can’t bring that in a tournament and expect to be undeafeted at the end Think
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:28 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:
can someone please tell me who won the article contest adn who got second?

I know sup3zro won but who got second?

I did Very Happy
It’s so handy having those email notices...

thanks and congrats
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:41 pm
orian wrote:
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
They can’t wear the One Ring; it’s just the Shadow phase! They can’t put it on! Twisted Evil

stop saying nonsenses please (confer my previous post)
portertroll is completely right

thank you orian, you see, CG, if Gimli, Bearer of Grudges (i run a dwarf deck so thats my alternate ring-bearer) has his ring on, he is vitality plus 2(i always use the one ring, the ring of rings) therefore, he can escape your little combo quite easily (although it still can be a nasty attack) Very Happy
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:44 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Sorry, I missed the RoR combo. But anyway, that’s still a bad blow to his resistance. Corruption would work fairly well here.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest