LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Pipeweed
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:48 am
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone here has built or uses a deck utilizing the Pippn Engine. For those of you who don’t know, the Pippin Engine is this:

Pippin, Hobbit of some intelligence (S)
Make Haste x4
Home and Hearth x4
Daddy Twofoot, Next-door neighbor x3

It works well in solo ringbearer decks (Solo Gimli, Isildur, Smeagol, etc. because of its massive choke. Here’s a basic strategy:

You will usually pull at least 1 of each card (besides Pippin) in your starting hand, as well as other cards to start beefing up your ring-bearer. Basically, you will choke them with only 2 companions, then return Pippin to your hand with Make Haste. It is most likely that they will have to discard a minion with Make Haste, unless they left 2 twilight in the pool from your massive choke. They discard a minion, you can kill any remaining minions with your ringbearer, and then move again, or stay. When you play Pippin back, remove a burden, and maybe heal the ringbearer with Home and Hearth. The last part of the Pippin Engine, is Daddy Twofoot, next-door neighbor. Pull back Make Haste every time you transfer him, and you have a great recursion engine.

It’s the kind of deck that you wouldn’t want to pair with a shadow side with lots of multiple card combos though.

So, has anyone used this kind of deck? If so, tell us when, what RB you used, etc.

Cheers,
PW
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:30 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
the onyl experience i have had is reading an artilce on D have you seen it?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Pipeweed
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:39 pm
I think I might have read that a while back.
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:48 pm
The pippin engine doesn’t work if Smeagol is your Ring Bearer. His game text states that you have to place an unbound companion in the dead pile each time you move, so if Pippin is the only unbound companion you have, you will have to place him in the dead pile and that kills the Pippin Engine.

I haven’t personally done much with this deck, but I understand that it works quite well, particularly with Gimli or Isildur choke.

One other thing you need to be aware of is you will need some sort of Daddy Twofoot, Next-door neighbor recursion as when you pull pippin into hand with Make Haste, Daddy Twofoot gets discarded.

This style of deck needs to be paired with a Shadow kill deck as it has a really hard time running since you are usually only running one or two other companions including the ring bearer.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
syndrome
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:05 pm
I thought pippin engine was with WoBaS
http://myspace/delicatesituation
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:28 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Really? IMO, Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver conflicts with Make Haste.

I do like the idea of using Make Haste + Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence to take out minions. I’ll have to try that with a deck.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:40 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Really? IMO, Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver conflicts with Make Haste.

I do like the idea of using Make Haste + Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence to take out minions. I’ll have to try that with a deck.

it was HOSI in teh article i read.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:47 pm
Merrick_Hale wrote:
One other thing you need to be aware of is you will need some sort of Daddy Twofoot, Next-door neighbor recursion as when you pull pippin into hand with Make Haste, Daddy Twofoot gets discarded.

You can transfer Daddy Twofoot to your ring-bearer. Rolling Eyes
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
SnowBalrog
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:59 pm
Joined: 26 Sep 2005 Posts: 63 Location: St. Louis, Missouri
I actually ran a Solo-Gimli deck for a while.. when it sets up, it really does work well, but it’s sort of hit and miss.. and forestguls eat it alive. It really needs to be paired with a fairly straightforward shadow that can beat the living crap out of your opponent before region 3.
Marcus: Our Snow Balrog would be a lot more impressive if it didn't keep melting.
Jason: Maybe if we used a little less lighter fluid...?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion