LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
ulaireapologeia
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:59 pm
any help i can get is appreciated, plus let me know if you have any cards that will boost it up...mostly shadow side needs boost...

Frodo, Old Bilbo’s Heir
The One Ring, Answer to All Riddles

Companions:
Quickbeam, Bregalad (s)
Pippin, Just A Nuisance (s)
Merry, Impatient Hobbit (s)
Lindenroot, Elder Sheperd
Birchseed, Tall Statesman
Forest Guardian
Host of Fangorn
Skinbark, Fladrif

Allies:
Treebeard, Earthborn
Farmer Maggot, Chaser of Rascals

Possessions:
Hobbit Sword x3

Conditions:
Ent Moot x4
Ent Draught x2
Escape x2
Everyone Knows x4
Enraged x4

Events:
Boomed and Trumpeted x4
Roused x4

Shadow:
Goblin Runner x4
Goblin Backstabber x2
Goblin Marksman x4
Goblin Bowman x4
The Balrog, Flame of Udun
Host of Moria, Legion of the Underdeeps x2
Moria Archer Troop x4
Archer Commander
Fill With Fear
Goblin Scimitar x4
Pinned Down x2
Relics of Moria
They are Coming
Host of Thousands x4
Moria Axe x2

You’re probably thinking, ’Why does he have Everyone Knows in there if he’s just going to exert them to let ents fight?". Well, the ents are there to help the hobbits, and the hobbits help the ents. I also understand that why weapons if i’m discarding them is also a weird concept. but it can run, it really can. The swarm is simple and deadly when you combine the Moria Archer Troop with each other or other archers. I have remade this deck several times with differing fellowships including the Three Hunters using Lockbearer, Wingfoot and Dauntless Hunter. Needed work...does this one?
hblika
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:25 am
If you really want to play with discarding Hobbits, your need one of the following:

1) More copies of Treebeard

or

2) Knocked on the Head

With 37 cards a side, chances are that Treebeard will never see play (unless you play that site from TT).
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:33 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
agreed hblika also why no ent horde?

why the balrog you would think mayeb some Garmory would help your shadow side
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
ulaireapologeia
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:57 pm
i don’t own a single garmory. i know for sure it’d be the engine to kick out my archers. i think i use the site 1 that lets a hobbit exert to play your site 2. then i bring out treebeard.

i know these decks aren’t surefire to kick everytime, but they’re fun to play. like my ’twins and aragorn’ deck, i just make decks that work and are fun. like what if smeagol and gandalf journeyed? or boromir, pippin and frodo? or just frodo and gandalf/aragorn? thats how i roll, i dont’ like the whole powergamer frame, it gets boring.

is that okay on this site? cause everything seems pretty high stat...
hblika
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:13 am
Trust me, Ents with discarding Hobbits is far from power gaming Wink

Think about this, the whole point of your fellowship is the synergy between the Ents and the Hobbits. What if you have to discard the Hobbits before you are able to Treebeard? As far as I can see, more than 50% of your fellowship contains of cards that need the unbound Hobbits for one reason or another. My point is, you need to make sure that your deck has a fair chance of setting up the key parts of your deck early.

I’m all for making fun decks to play, BTW. I’ve made all kinds of ’stupid’ decks, just to make use of a card a liked, or a theme I liked (Put Forth His Strength, Morc archery, Mumaks, Wargs etc.), but these decks are only fun to play, when you have a chance to play it as it was intended (allthough not necessarily winning).
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded