LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Trading Forum
Sup3rZ3ro
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:37 pm
I would like to know how a stanard trade is conducted.
How are the cards packaged? Should any special precautions be taken during international trades? Is there more complications related to trading when trading across the atlantic?

It would be nice if some of you gave a quick walk-through of how you perform your trades in order for me to do it as well as I can when trading for the first time (I hope to arrange trades via this site in the very near future).
Lord of the Rings TCG strategy articles:
The Time of the Elves is Over!?
Rohan Rises From the Dust
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:48 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
The standard trade is conducted via Pms.
I package my cards in soft sleeves if the trade is over 4 cards.
I try to use hard sleeves to package my 2 most expensive cards in the trade.I use a normal envelope to ship cads in. IF I do not use a hard sleeve I put 2 index cards in the envelope to give it some stiffness and rigidity. A good resource is the trading references thread. trading references thread.
Since you live in Denmark I do not know what postage costs.
I do not know if any special precautions you need to take for international shipping.

Here is how I do my trades.
I look at a person wants list and PM and post if I have anything they want or if they have anything I want. then we work out what we willtrade each other. I then exchange address’s and ship my cards. I generally ship and the same time as the other person.

It will be helpful for others if you give a complete list of your cards for trade.
type out the WHOLE cards title. I find it a Huge pain to try to guess what the cards subtitle is. Generally only list Rares and FOILS. try to have a Haves list of cards that you want.
Hope this helps.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Sup3rZ3ro
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:12 am
That was what I wanted to hear. Thank you very much
Lord of the Rings TCG strategy articles:
The Time of the Elves is Over!?
Rohan Rises From the Dust