LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

28%
  [ 2 ]  28%

57%
  [ 4 ]  57%

14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 7
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:58 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
hmm hblika’s comments have merit in them.

but the article wasn’t worthless so you get a 3

Mod says: no quote necessary here, thanks.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Gagnut
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:56 am
I like that some people really appreciate the power of Gondorian knights, however, I will not let my personal sentiment get in the way of fairness. I thought you brought up most of the cards that would work well with this deck. But I think that you missed a few key cards, I don’t blame you for missing the hunter’s cards but here is one, ranger’s cloak, this is awsome with the ARB gondor guys, because it gives +1 resistence, I think you need to replace the banner with some swords, because unless I hear a awsome strategy for it, they are bad. I will wait to vote untill I see the other articles.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:21 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Banner of Westernesse is there to keep companions healed, as is Boromir, Hero of Osgiliath. With Stone Tower and Turgon, you’re going to need healing-and quick!

Ranger’s Cloak is vital for this deck, not because of the Resistance, but because of the Vitality boost. You can exert a companion an extra time. This helps with Turgon.

As has been noted, however, the Turgon-Fourth Level combo won’t work. What would work is Fourth Level and Men of Numenor. Put more Men of Numenor in your deck, and focus on skirmish fortifications. Another combo that works well is Citadel of the Stars + Fourth Level. Plop Fourth Level on a minon, and follow up with Citadel of the Stars. Boom! Kill anything from Shelob to the Balrog! (Well, unless it’s the Balrog, Terror of Khazad-Dum)

And like hblika said, put some strategy in. I don’t see you explaining how you’re going to set this whole thing up, or how you survive the early sites with very few fortifications.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
bobtheorc
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:58 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
YOu seemed to state the obvious about cards and did not have too much insight but the article is well written and laid out. you get a low 3.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Pipeweed
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:45 pm
Thanks for the reviews, guys Very Happy
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
Gagnut
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:12 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

Also, why not make it an Expanded article, and include Hunters cards? Alcarin and Turgon were both rotated out, and so was Citadel.

Why do you like expanded so much?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:45 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
No rotation. Very Happy

But in this case, I was also just suggesting that he make it Expanded, simply because he gets more cards that way. Expanded is actually the only format in which fortifications are relatively viable.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Gagnut
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:57 am
What about Open?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest