LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:22 pm
Seeing what was happening Dunaglar decided to take to trees and kill as many as he could before they ever hit the ground. He started in the tree nearest him and climbed up it rather swiftly. At the top not to his surprise he found a large spider. He made an initial jab at the beast with his sword. He then went whirling around the tree to catch the spider form behind. This he did well and he thrust his blade into the heart of the spider and watched it fall to the forest floor.

"Dunedain to the trees. Kill as many as you can to help my elven kin on the forest floor."

He then leapt to the next tree in which there was yet another spider. He leapt from branch to branch trying to get to the spider’s backside to avoid any injury himself. He finally managed to whirl around a branch and land on the branch just above the spider. He leapt down upon the spider with a yell as he helled his blade ready to thrust it into the back of the spider. he then watched it fall to the forest floor as he leapt to another tree.
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
fingolfin
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:45 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
Oor-rug was traveling with some weapons to deliver to the dwarfs in erebor.

"It sure is dark in here, and my pack is getting heavy"

so he sits down on a tree stump, when suddenly about 500 feet away a spider falls to the ground with a sickening thud.

"Thats not normal" he thinks to himself"

And then another one falls, this time even closer, and closer and closer until a ranger falls out of a tree right next to him.

"Hah, that one is a tough little bugger, hey ugly one give me a hand with these spiders" He says as he starts climbing the tree again.

"I can not climb, But I don’t need to" Oor-rug picks himself up and grabs a heavily notched Axe from his bundle, "This should do the trick" and he chops down the tree with one mighty swing" The spider fell out and the Ranger put the monster out of its misery.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:53 pm
Suddenly, Telmonar and a handful of Elves emerged from the forest. A hail of arrows cut from the small group eliminated the surviving spiders. Telmonar greeted Elendion warmly. "It’s good to see you! We thought we might be too late; a few spiders got in our way and we had to take care of them. We thought the delay might be the end of you." Telmonar and his eight followers joined Elendion and his remaining ten companions, and the group made their way to Thranduil’s palaces.
I had to put something here.
Pipeweed
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:54 pm
Responding the the shout of Dunaglar, Kyldon motioned for his men to follow has he nimbly began climbing one of the great Mallorn trees of Mirkwood. The forest now reverbated with the sounds of the spiders, and the hoarse shouts of men and elves soon were mixed in with the awful din.

As he glanced upward, Kyldon could make out dim, shadowy shapes moving in the branches clustered above him. One, he could make out more clearly than the others, he assumed was nearer to the ground than the rest of his comrades. With a a balance superior enough to rival that of the tree-dwelling elves, Kyldon let go of the branch he was holding and nimbly found a footing on a branch over fifty feet from the ground.

Reaching back, Kyldon grasped his long bow and loaded an arrow to it’s waxed string, With deadly aim and accuracy, he let fly his missile, and though he could not see well enough in the canopy that surrounded him, he heard a shrieking noise followed by a dull crushing sound from the ground below.
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:58 pm
A spider landed on the ground some twenty yards in front of Telmonar’s group, an arrow embedded in its head. Telmonar looked up, and his sharp eyes caught the figures of Elves in the trees.

"Kyldon! It’s good to see that the spiders haven’t gotten you!" shouted Telmonar.
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:01 pm
After the troll had helped him cut down the tree Dunaglar took a sit down considering the fall he had taken earlier. he really didn’t mean for the troll to cut the tree down but it worked so he didn’t really care.

"Thanks for the help but I must get back to my comrades."

He then sped through the forest to meet up with all of his other friends. After joining them he noticed Kyldon in a tree. This was cause enough for him to get out his bow and fit an arrow to it. With deadly accuracy he loosed an arrow into the eye of a spider coming up behind Kyldon. The spiders dazed and confused lost it’s grip in the tree and fell to where everyone was standing. Dunaglar unsheathed his sword and laid upon the spider a killing blow. He then proceeded to see who had arrived to be with the company.
MySpace
Pipeweed
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:10 pm
Kyldon faintly heard Telmonar’s shout, but it was so muffled by the branches and leaves between the two that he could not make out exactly what he had said. Kyldon paid little heed to the elven company on the ground, instead focusing all of his effort on eliminating as many spiders as he could before they reached the ground. His Dunedain rangers battled beside him in the leafy treetops, but it was painfully obvious that they were far outnumbered.

"Make for the ground!" Kyldon ordered his men.

The Dunedain scrambled from their treetops as the spiders came closer, almost on top of them. Kyldon breathed heavily in relief as he hit the ground only to fall beneath a stampede of oncoming spiders. He took immediate action, drawing his long knife and slicing at the spiders who were trampling him as he fought to stand amidst the oncoming horde. Luckily, the spiders passed over him quickly, and he was nearly unscathed, except for a gash on the side of his head.

He spun around in horror, expecting the elven company to be trampled, but to his surprise, they had arrows nocked in their strings, and they fired a volley, eliminating the spider horde at point blank range. Kyldon walked up to Dunaglar, who had joined Elendion and Telmonar, and clasped his shoulder.

"It’s good to see you again old friend."

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:16 pm
Telmonar examined the wound on Kyldon’s head. The blood had already clotted and Kyldon felt no pain. "You’re lucky that wasn’t any worse," Telmonar said. The group continued along the stony path in silence. Suddenly, nearly a dozen spiders appeared in front of them.
Pipeweed
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:19 pm
Dunaglar raised his sword in preparation for combat, but Kyldon pushed it down.

"No, my old friend," the young man said, "Now, we run."

Kyldon turned, as if retreating from the spiders, and shouted to the elven company and his Dunedain party.

"To Thranduil’s Palaces! We can prepare for siege there if a siege be coming."

WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:20 pm
Dunaglar was standing bent over, his arms resting on his knees. He looked up at the large company that had gathered.

“Welcome everyone. Yes, it is good to see you again Kyldon. Fortunately you escaped with less injury than I. I am pretty sure I have bruised a rib or two when I took a nasty fall from a mallorn.”

He held his rib while it caused him some pain. He would be ok though all he needed was some time to mend. His elven kin had taught him enough to help him survive from injury in the wilderness. Dunaglar immediately started looking around for athelas to ease the pain.

“Does anyone know the athelas plant? If so I could use some about now.”

After seeing the spiders drop in front of them Dunaglar immediately forgot his pain and nocked an arrow to his bow. All at once the company let loose the volley only leaving a few spiders to be spared. They then drew swords and went running after the few spiders that were left
MySpace

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing