LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
AdultLink
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:39 am
Here is currently one of my favorite decks. It is in need of some tweaking which I am aware of (notably a few Mumak Commanders, hunters type), but it’s pretty darn effective right now. Here ya go:

Starting Fellowship:
Frodo, Tired Traveller
Faramir, Captain of Gondor
Halbarad, Ranger of the North
Gondorian Prowler
Madril, Defender of Osgiliath

Sites:
Not yet finalized, but definately the Prancing Pony

Free Peoples: 31
Mablung, Ranger of Ithilien
Derufin
Unyielding Ranger
Citadel of Minas Tirith x3
Ranger’s Cloak x3
Ithilien Blade x4
Banner of Westernesse
No Travellers in this Land x2
What Are They? x4
Eregion’s Trails x4
Hobbit Sword
Gondorian Merchant
Seeing Stone of Orthanc

Shadow: 31
Orc Inquisitor x3
Morgul Hunter x2
Gate Sentry
Orc Archer Troop x3
Orc Bowmen x3
Hate x4
Haradrim Marksmen x2
Southron Archer Legion x2
Desert Lord x2
Southron Intruder
Southron Bowman x4
High Vantage x2
Rapid Fire x2

Strategy:
Freeps: The free peoples is wicked awesome, and it all revolves around Madril, so keep him safe! Madril uses the threats you add with Ranger’s Cloaks and the Seeing Stone to make minions Roaming at the start of the maneuver phase. Because of this you can discard minions like crazy with 4 What Are They, and the Ithilien Blades. Anything getting past that gets hacked down with Eregion’s Trail making every minion -3 strength. Then, Mablung adds an extra trick to wound annoying minons. The Citadels and Banner (usually on Mablung) heal, and No Travellers kicks Hunters away. I also normally throw in a Pallando to help out the freeps and Derufin puts away Corsairs who discard Ithilien Blades.

Shadow:
Raiders exert and exhaust and add archery wounds. The Sauron orcs trigger the Orc Bowmen for extra archery. Orc Archer Troop is insane, esp. w/ initiative which can be attained with Inquisitor. All Sauron Orcs have 3 or more vitality for the Hate which are used to kill the exhausted. High Vantage Protects Southrons, ensuring the archery, and Rapid Fire Hurts anyone adding burdens to save archery wounds. The Legion hurts big fellowships.
Haves/Wants
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:33 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
humm

why no thorngil with his bow?

you add threast with seeing stone but thorngil would be better.

why no seasoned leader?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
orian
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:31 am
very risky deck if Madril is killed first before you can add threats
that’s why aragorn + bow would indeed provide a good 2nd sight solution

otherwise it has the same weaknesses as any rangers deck but looks pretty good... although some of the choices are very discutable to me, I suppose that’s your way of playing Wink
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
AdultLink
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:18 am
What kind of choices, Orian?

As far as Thorongil and Bow, I haven’t been able to get them yet, and anyway, it is child’s play to add as many threats as needed with Ranger’s Cloak and Seeing Stone. Seeing Stone can also add back any threats that were removed in maneuver or skirmish phases.

On the Shadow Side, Seasoned Leader isn’t worth the space, but I DO need another Orc Bowmen and I’ve been thinking about putting in Grond.
Haves/Wants
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:22 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
humm OK another idea for threats would be duty of two to heal and add threats.

yeah thongil and his bwo are hard to get. orian has them though so if you could trade with him...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded