LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:31 pm
Fell free to share any information you have regarding the friendship of Tolkien and Lewis.
I had to put something here.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:35 pm
Wasn’t it Tolkien who converted Lewis to Christianity? or brought him back to it or something? They were also part of a writing club called the Inklings, i believe.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:36 pm
Both of your statements are correct.
Chang
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:45 pm
It was Lewis that helped the Hobbit gain popularity. Lewis wrote many many great reviews of the hobbit.
Chang
MSN: ensigndan@hotmail.com

I'm a Pirate...I sail the seas of Music...
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:46 pm
Sweet, I never knew that. Very Happy
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:59 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Chang wrote:
It was Lewis that helped the Hobbit gain popularity. Lewis wrote many many great reviews of the hobbit.

neither did i apparently tolkien didn’t like narnia because it borrowed characters fom diferrent cultures instead of making up new ones
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:17 pm
what cultures do you think he should have used?

(also, i dont think that J.R.R Tolkein was the first person to use elves or dwarves, but i could be wrong)
Chang
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:48 pm
you can’t tell me that all of tolkien’s ideas were original, thats impossible. I’ve read in a few places that the idea behind LOTR is from a European folk lore called "Ring of the Neibalungs" which was made into a movie last year called "Dark Kingdom: the Dragon King". wiether that it true or not I don’t know, but I watched it, liked it alot. but still, tolkien wasn’t 100% original.
Chang
MSN: ensigndan@hotmail.com

I'm a Pirate...I sail the seas of Music...
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:52 pm
original or not, he was still an amazing author with true literary skill
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:22 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Chang wrote:
you can’t tell me that all of tolkien’s ideas were original, thats impossible. I’ve read in a few places that the idea behind LOTR is from a European folk lore called "Ring of the Neibalungs" which was made into a movie last year called "Dark Kingdom: the Dragon King". wiether that it true or not I don’t know, but I watched it, liked it alot. but still, tolkien wasn’t 100% original.

I never said eh was. He just didn’t like it that Lewis had so many creatures from so many mythologies. instead of a couple.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion