LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
40%
  [ 2 ]  40%

40%
  [ 2 ]  40%

20%
  [ 1 ]  20%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 5
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:49 pm
reggierockz wrote:
Porter Troll - That all depends on which deck you are referring to. The first deck would be able to cause some damage to Gimli or Boromir beacause it can keep playing Bill over and over again, keying off on the alternate ring-bearer’s downsides. Corruption is even a possibility against Gimli and Dwarves (low amount of companions, meaning low threat limit). If Bill keeps hitting the table every turn, pretty soon burdens are going to start stocking up.

As far Deck #2 goes, four copies of The Mouth of Sauron really lets you pull all the conditions you need, so there isn’t really a need to play more copies (except in the event that they get discarded). Pavise stacks after every turn, so running only three is fine. I could see running a fourth in deck number one though, but since the decklist is so thin, I personally don’t think it’s needed.

Thanks for the comments, glad you liked the article.

very good response, thank you for defending your deck. i never thought about the low amount of threats that can be added by dwarf decks, good point. Very Happy
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:29 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
it seems like one weakness you are forgetting woudl be a hobbit deck one if ti had sam you woudl have to kill 2 ringbearers 2 if it looked anything like mine they would be huge and have NO assignment penalty also it justs seem like I ahave heard this all before i think decipher had an article like this. but it is a fairly good article overall
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
reggierockz
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:50 pm
Like I said at the very begining of the article, this information may not be new to all. Sure, hobbits with two ring-bearers would be a challange, but you are obviously missing the point. Deck #1 does not revolve around exploiting alternate ring-bearers, it rather plays bill over and over again, ultimately meaning it could kill two ring-bearers. And Deck #2 does not revolve around a ring-bearer kill, it instead takes advantage of Bill Ferny if the opportunity arises. Yes, D did have an article about some Bill Ferny decks, but I though it was rather brief and general. I wanted to take the two most well know approaches to playing Bill Ferny and run with them a little bit more, giving players with less Hunters experience a little more understanding. I myself did not even start playing with The Hunters until last month.
"They have a cave troll."
TheHobbit13
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:46 pm
I enjoyed this article alot I give it a 5

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest