LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:26 pm
generally 6-9 nazgul does the trick... Very Happy
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:27 pm
elf lvr wrote:
i have been trying out a new version with the hunters companions that works pretty well. The goal of the freeps is to be as beastly as possible and live. The shadow is enduring nazzie swarm. how does that work, do you ask? its simple! any nazgul shadow will do! I use Shapes Slowly Advancing to put one copy of each of the nine on the bottom of my deck (except for the witch-king, the toil 2 one of course. i play him and Out of Sight and Shot) I use cards like There came a cry and dark swooping shadows to add threats, as well as Winged and ominious for twilight. Then, when my deck is running low, i use Forth the Three Hunters and Gimli to pull a ton of cards. Then, i use Dark Ways (also good for threats with Gimli’s Battle Axe) to heal him and draw even more cards. With this, i can draw up to 10 cards. Then i just dump my freeps hand and save the eight nazgul i put beneath my deck. Preferably in region three (for more twilight) i make the site Fangorn Glade for tons of twilight (gondor with bow of minas tirith, or rohan with javelins!) and unload my Winged And Ominous to add to the pool. Then I begin dishing out nazgul, using Ghastly Host to reduce the cost of my nazgul with the threats i added. Finally, i discard Out of Sight and Shot to toil out the witch-king for free, for a potential nine-nazgul swarm! howdya like them apples!

Thats where i said how i could swarm. Enjoy!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
i see wicked cool elf lvr.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:36 pm
hah hah hah thank you thank you
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:08 pm
anything else?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:50 pm
shapes slowly advancing doesn’t allow you to place nazgul beneath your draw deck, it allows you to discard them to corrupt the ring bearer.

You must have just posted the wrong card title so when you get back from your vacation you can explain what you meant to say.

Otherwise, this looks to be a very vicious deck to play against! Very Happy
orian
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:25 am
PorterTroll wrote:
shapes slowly advancing doesn’t allow you to place nazgul beneath your draw deck, it allows you to discard them to corrupt the ring bearer.

You must have just posted the wrong card title so when you get back from your vacation you can explain what you meant to say.

Otherwise, this looks to be a very vicious deck to play against! Very Happy

he meant moving this way, doesn’t look too difficult to me

sole problem of the deck is that you do nothing during 8 turns... pretty difficult... you can’t be sure that 9 nazguls will do the job against a full set up fellowship
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:14 pm
well, you may notice i only need one copy of each nazzie, all of those sitting at the bottom of my deck, to swarm. Until then, i can unload my copies of all the other nazgul.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
fingolfin
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:09 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
I like token adding with Aragorn, or removal I mean. IT works so cleanly and is fun to play with.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded